Is this a good load out?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by airtruck304, Aug 30, 2012.

1. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

I have an electric m16 from hobbytron, a national guard army vest, camo coat and long pants, with a cheapo spring pistol carried on a gun holster not I am just starting arsoft

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Well, considering the gun is from hobby tron, I guess it is a DE or LPEG of sorts?

3. dickbuttalpha

dickbuttalpha New Member

Well, I'd say it's a pretty good loadout provided you have a decent AEG. An LPEG is alright so long as it has good build quality, but I think you'd be better with maybe the CM.028 by CYMA. Visually, you aren't resembling any one certain loadout, but having camp does help in situations.
    All in all, for a starter, you're doing pretty well.

4. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    No. Just no. LPEGS are for plinking around the backyard. There are virtually none with a mentionable build quality, and are in almost every way a waste of money. The only thing they are good for is for letting people know airsoft exists.

5. dickbuttalpha

dickbuttalpha New Member

Dude, calm down, he's a beginner and probably doesn't even know yet if he /really/ likes it enough to dedicate himself to the sport. So long as you have an LPEG that won't break while you dive (they do exist) it's okay until you decide you want a better gun.

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Long story short, it's a decent set up for backyard play. I wouldn't attempt to bring it to a full sized airsoft field. You'll most likely be outmatched in terms of fire power, distance, and accuracy.

For future reference please post links of the guns just to prevent confusion.

7. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

Thanks for helping me out I just posted this yesterday! Thank you all

8. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

What brand is your m16? If you do not know, how much did it cost?

9. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

Well I don't know what brand it is but it did cost me 55$

10. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    Your doing good for starting, much better than blue jeans and a white shirt haha. Save up for a better AEG

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Seriously sell your m16 then buy a jg.

12. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

Sorry for being a butthole but what is a jg

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

It is a brand. So is lancer tactical which is probably more in your budget.

14. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    Lancer tactical is really below JG, even though they are only $10-50 apart. I'd say get a nice jg g36 model, or an m4/variant. These will be much better almost everywhere compared to Lancer Tactical.

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I am assuming that he likes m4 variants. And with the cost of his gun now I assume his budget would be low. But he is not asking about that so let's just forget it.

16. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

Yes you are right my friend I do have a low budget can you please give me the link to the website

17. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    No. Don't get the Lancer Tactical. ASGI might make it look nice, but it's not. The internals are sub-par, and the externals is just creaky plastic, like LPEG plastic. Save up more for a JG man..it'll be more worth it in the long run

18. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  19. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

But i am reccomending that as a low budget gun. Obviously JG and CYMA, but if he can only scrap together so much for an m4 variant gun then lancer is okay. But if you can really save up $45 dollars more, than get a JG.