Is this a good package?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by TheNegro, Dec 20, 2012.

1. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    That package is actually not too bad.
    The gun is a great choice for AK fans, Cyma makes some of the best ones on the market.
    The chest rig, well thats a cheap rig that will probably rip at some point but it should adjust very well. That style is meant to be very adjustable and fit MOST size. Smaller is easier than larger.
    All in all I would say it is very decent package and youll be happy.

3. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    Thanks but do you know where i can find mid-caps for the ak-47?

4. soviet

soviet New Member

Most online stores have em, amazon does too.

5. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Alright, my advice would be to get one of the higher end metal body AK's for around $130, a chest rig will be around $25 and bb's 15, you will end up spending $145 for a chest rig that you can choose and a higher quality full metal AK.

6. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    A $25 chest rig will suck. Also, what about a mask?

Op, what is your budget, this way we can piece together a possibly better "package".

7. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Like mentioned, cyma makes a nice line of aks. But I don't know if you really want that chest rig. The color black stands out more than you would think.

8. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    The chestrig that comes in the package is a crappy $25 chest rig as well.

9. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    budget is 180 for a gun,mask,rig/vest/idc something to carry stuff, and 5k bb's

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  10. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Sorry, but it's nearly impossible to get a good gun and vest for that price. I'd recommend that you check the classifieds for a used JG and a Flyye or Pantac vest. Try to avoid Condor.

11. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Guys he's a BEGINNER that is clearly on a limited or BEGINNER budget. I think he can hold off on the "expensive" and "good" gear for a while. A simple gun, chest rig, bbs, and eye/face pro is more than enough to get started in this hobby. I'd recommend OP pick up all the cheap gear he wants for now to get a feel for this hobby and if he likes it enough, then go all out and spend on the real grade A stuff.

12. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Being a beginner is no reason to buy bad equipment. I don't know why that notion is so pervasive, that just because somebody is new they should buy crap. That's why people come to forums, that's why they ask questions, and that's why they spend hours researching the hobby; so they don't end up with bad products. He's here, he as has access to plenty of good information and a whole forum of people willing to help him find some equipment that's decent. Why turn him towards equipment that isn't?

13. Munishin

Goodyear
    The point I'm trying to make is that not everybody has the same financial budget and what you guys constantly recommend ends up being outside of most peoples range or an unrealistic/impractical purchase to be made as the person may or may not stick to this hobby. The gear you guys call terrible will WORK for the time being it's not going to disintegrate from falling on the ground. It certainly isn't of the highest quality material but it's USE-able. I swear you guys seem to make getting out to play the most expensive investment.

Just my opinion I don't want to get chewed out for this.

14. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

From another one of his threads:
    I agree, if your a beginner maybe you don't need to drop the cash on gear. You can hold your mags and what not in your pockets or maybe someone would be kind and loan you some decent gear.

15. Munishin

Goodyear
    That is also a viable option.

16. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Being a beginner may not be a reason to buy bad equipment, however it could be a reason to buy cheap stuff. OP said he has a 180 budget, get the cyma .028 (AK in your link) use a coupon code, and you get it for around 90 shipped, after that you're left with another 90 bucks, you could buy one of those 45 dollar vests that knief recommended and still afford bbs.

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    How many times am I going to have to have this ridiculous argument today?

Look, you wouldn't recommend a Crosman gun. They're cheap, they last a little bit, they even get bbs down range once in a while. But if somebody started a thread asking if they should buy a Crosman, you wouldn't tell them to go ahead and buy it. You would tell them to wait, save their money, buy a decent entry level AEG instead. Gear is no different. The only difference is that you don't know enough about gear to realize what you're suggesting. Right now, you're that guy that always pipes up and says, "But my Crosman is just fine!" We all get frustrated at him because he just doesn't know, but he insists on piping up anyway. The worst part is, he doesn't know that he doesn't know, so he keeps defending his terrible gun and his "some people just don't have $150 to spend on a better gun!" line. But still, we insist that the OP wait and save up that $150 and buy something that actually works.

Right now, you're the guy defending Crosman. Airsoft costs money to do right. You can buy a cheap gun and you can buy a cheap vest, but it's either going to come with a defect out of the box of perform poorly for the duration of its short life. You know that about guns. You just don't know it about gear. And you don't know that you don't know it, so you're going to keep hammering away.

And hey, there's another plus side to buying good gear: it holds value well. If you buy a FLYYE vest for $100, you can sell it for $80 if you decide you don't like it. That's a better return than any crappy gear has.

[edit] Edit for Marine's post. Yeah, that's a great way to go. There is good gear out there that's affordable. When I said "cheap" above, I was referring to cheap quality, not necessarily price. There are some nice chest rigs between $50 and $100 out there readily available. Excellent suggestion.

18. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    dude the 52 dollar vest i think looks good and all but idk that site, what is shipping going to cost too?

19. Knief

Ann Arbor
    This one, right?

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=695

It's a good vest, used by Marine Force Recon actually.

ShooterCBgear is a reliable website based out of Hong Kong. I believe they have a flat rate shipping option for $20, though you'll have to go through checkout to calculate it for sure. You don't have to enter your credit card information or anything. A couple of steps in, it will calculate your shipping before you commit to buying it.