Is This Fair?

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by GolfisGood, Dec 13, 2009.

1. GolfisGood

GolfisGood New Member

Elmhurst
    I was playing at my local airsoft field and were playing tower of power (There are four towers and you have to keep a teammate on the second level to "capture" it). Our team had finally fought our way to the tower and had 10+ outside the tower. We sent two men upstairs to clear the tower and heard two "bangs", then our teammates came down with their deadrags out. Their was ONE enemy soldier pressed against the wall right next to the stairs so whenever someone would reach the top he would just say "Bang". We did not have any grenades and there was only one way up to the second floor, we were stuck. The sun was setting so the enemy soldier could see when we were coming up and say bang just as they reached the top. We called a ref over to watch but he said it was fine. I know that you should always listen to the ref but it seemed like some bs, especially since they won the game and we had our whole team surrounding the building. The worst part is that when the game was over the guy stood up and started proclaiming how better he is then everyone here! Does this seem fair to you guys?

2. PvtParts

PvtParts New Member

definately not. i would talk to the refs about how its unfair, because theres no way you can adjust to it and have a chance. maybe you could work something out with them.

3. willbarber

willbarber New Member

We did that once in my friend's barn. Back then we didn't play with a bang bang rule, but it still didn't end up being that close. We stood at the top of the stairs, actually above them, and when they came up we shot them in the back.
    The first time we did this, our friends got mad, and we restarted and prohibited this tactic.

4. willstab

willstab Active Member

alumminum foil, hydrochloric acid, and water in a 1 shot energy bottle makes a safe and very effective flash bang (except the flash part it only makes a very loud bang), it will make them run out of there

5. GolfisGood

GolfisGood New Member

Elmhurst
    Lol. where can i gey my hands on some hydrocloric acid? Need to get me some of those tornado grenades.

6. EastCoastAirsoft

EastCoastAirsoft Member

Harford County
    Well how is that not fair, the guy instead of using the bang rule could have just lit everyone up, think he was being fair. Just because your team was unprepared with grenades or tacticts to beat him dosent mean he is cheating.

This is how you could have got him. If there were 10 people outside send 5 up the steps and just storm in, he can only bang one or two people if they all just rushed in saying bang maybe 2-3 would be considered dead, but so would he, then the others run up and you win.

7. PvtParts

PvtParts New Member

*slaps face* i just realized. couldnt you use the bang rule too?

8. GolfisGood

GolfisGood New Member

Elmhurst
    First of all the stairs are only wide enough for one person to enter the second floor at a time. Second, he had no ammo left. He used up all of his pistol ammo. Third, he could see when we would come up because of our shadows and would say bang before we got up there. The ref would call us it, even though he said it seconds before we could actually see him.

9. willstab

willstab Active Member

hydrochloric acis is the chemical name the product that u can buy at ur local department store would be that stuff you pour down the drian to clear clogs

10. Brazzy

Brazzy New Member

Providence
    I have to be honest. If a person is dug in and you cant get him out what do you expect refs to do? Call the kid out because he is in too good of a position and none of the opposing forces can kill him? If anyone here was up there would you call yourself out because its "not fair"?

What you could do:

Grenades... easiest way to go and under utilized in airsoft. No one had em at a game where there are buildings... Time to make an investment.

OK no nades. Stack 2 men together and move up the stairs one behind the other with the second man using a pistol. Move up the stairs tight to one another and make sure the ref is watching. When the 1 man shows himself to the guy at the top and the kid says "bang" the second man slip the pistol under the dead man's arm and "bang" him using the dead man as protection. If he has a vest on, put a pistol round in his vest. If he is watching shadows two guys together will look like one fat kid. If he cant see you and the dead body protecting you there really shouldnt be a dispute if he didnt know you were coming and cant see you behind the guy he safety killed.

11. willbarber

willbarber New Member

Just run up the stairs one after another and unload on him.
    As you techicnally don't know how far away he is from the stairs, you won't get in trouble for not obeying engagement distance.
    If you all shoot at him, he can't say that he took out the guy that him him, which will be all of you.

12. superchrisguy

superchrisguy New Member

Warner Robins
    you could have used a "pine cone grenade"

13. Brazzy

Brazzy New Member

Providence
    I dont think thats an excuse. Do you really want to be the one known for not being able to recognize targets?

14. GolfisGood

GolfisGood New Member

Elmhurst
    Have to admit brazzy that is a good idea for having no nades. I'll try that next time, thanks.

15. GolfisGood

GolfisGood New Member

Elmhurst
    Oh and also pine cone grenades don't work anymore since people started to bring Rice Krispies, wrap them in duct tape and throw them in. Doesn't have the same effect as a dummy grenade.

16. Wow, what a d-bag "I'm better than you" yeah bet you are you lack-of-tactic-dbag! That sucks, guess the best thing to do would've been to storm the place, and "bang-bang" him. People like that ruin our sport. They lack tactic but yet claim they are better than you because they can stand somewhere and say "bang-bang." Next time, I guess the best idea would be to storm it and safety kill whoever it is. Problem solved. That's the problem with certain players (no one here) they think they can do anything simply because they have a TM and an overinflated ego. That's when it's fun to go in with full force and "pwn" the crap out of them for kicks :) haha, my JG beat your TM no problem. And what's this pine cone grenade stuff? And are you even allowed to bring homemade flash bangs into CQB arenas?

17. superchrisguy

superchrisguy New Member

Warner Robins
    i'm going to have to try that idea out on my next game!

18. willstab

willstab Active Member

well ay my local arena they ask that u show it to the employees first and they will deam wether or not they are safe

19. superchrisguy

superchrisguy New Member

Warner Robins
    same here, it wouldn't try it at a field (without consent) , but at my friend's and i's field, i so would

20. Grinder060

Grinder060 New Member

Duncan Falls
    Was it a "Bang" rule? or a "Bang-Bang" rule?

It really makes a difference because if your using bang-bang he has to say that for each person, and will give someone else time to bang-bang him.

Where I play you must say bang-bang and you must pause between each set of bangs. That way when you get into a situation like this, someone isn't going "bang bang bang bang bang bang" and the whole team gets downed.