Is this gun lipo ready?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Darksoldier, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Darksoldier

Darksoldier New Member

Caddo Mills
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. DeLeon79

DeLeon79 New Member

Ridgecrest
    if you re-shim the gears, and don't have a heavy trigger finger...then yeah, but i wouldn't. personally, I'm fine with 9.6 in all my guns. i like my guns/gear box to last for a while before replacing it. Using Lipos are cool and the ROF is SICK!! but you will pay the price in the long run. its all up to you man.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It will work perfectly fine with a 7,4v li-po, so technically it's "li-po ready".

4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    NorTech brings up a good point.
    But they are not "technically" lipo ready. They are lipo-ready. Lithium Polymer is just a type of battery, it all depends on your voltage and discharge rate of any battery.

5. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Every gun can run a Lipo battery. What matters is the voltage / Dischage rate / MAH of the battery.

I use Lipo's in all my guns ranging from a cybergun all the way up to a heavily modded ICS.
    However I only use my 11.1 in the ICS...A 7.4 wont do any less damage than a 9.6

Lipo is the way to go.

6. DeLeon79

DeLeon79 New Member

Ridgecrest
    a 7.4 Lipo is just like 9.6...i just stick with the 9.6...dont have to worry about blowing up the battery. LoL

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If your battery blows up, you're doing something horribly wrong. I'm never ever using ni-mh batteries again, they are awful batteries IMO. Also good luck powering a high drain build with a little 9,6v ni-mh.

8. DeLeon79

DeLeon79 New Member

Ridgecrest
    ya I've never blown one up either, but I did hear a story from someone at work that it happened to...don't want that to happen in my house. No thank you.

9. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    This sums it up.
    If a gun runs on a NiMh battery, it will run on a Lipo. You just have to know the specs. Not all Lipo batteries are high output or high discharge. I actually have a 9.6v NiMH that has a higher output than a 7.4 Lipo - hell even a couple 11.1v Lipos I have. So on that note, the 9.6v NiMh is more damaging that the Lipo batteries I previously mentioned.

Definitely take a few minutes to read through the few Lipo threads we have on this forum. LOTS of information and myths proved wrong.
    Here's one: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/lipo-info-thread-12661/

In terms of Lipo batteries blowing up, well I've heard of cases, but it because the dumb players didn't heed the warnings the battery was giving. And even then they had time to stop before damaging their gun. I won't go into detail, I'll jut say refer to the thread I posted as well as others.

10. Darksoldier

Darksoldier New Member

Caddo Mills
    Thank you all. Right now i was just going to stick with the 9.6v anyways. But, i was just asking.

11. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Anything that runs on electricity is "lipo-ready." Lithium Polymer is just a different chemical makeup of the battery.

12. weaps

weaps Active Member

Brunswick
    I have the same type of weapon by Cyma only mine sports a LE stock and has no rails. I took it all apart and re-greased, re-shimmed, and wired it with deans. Mine runs on a 11.1V lipo. But I use trigger control on full auto. I switched over to all lipos because they hold a charge for a long time when not in use. The other types need to be re-charged every so often. Also, lipos are by far less expensive as well. weaps.