Is this part of my gun?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by LupusMiles, Jul 25, 2012.

1. LupusMiles

LupusMiles New Member

Ok, so I just got my Matrix Gen. ll SVD in today through the mail and I had to take out part of the spring assembly to attach the stock properly. After I had done this and cleaned up my room I noticed this weird piece of metal in my carpet that I have never seen before. It appears to look like two metal balls formed together at a point, kinda like a heart. I am not sure it it is a part of my gun or not so I though I would ask everyone on the forum about it. Here are some pics of it (sorry about the bad quality of the pics, I took them on my phone). If you guys need different angles of it please ask freely.

Attached Files:

2. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Does the gun work? If so, I wouldn't worry about it, but I'd keep the part just incase an issue arises later.

If it does not work, then the chances are it is. Take it apart and look for a place it most likely goes.

3. LupusMiles

LupusMiles New Member

I haven't had the chance to fire it because I had to go to work as soon as I got it and I do not have any lubricant for it. Btw, do you have to lubricate your magazine and if so how do you do it?

4. MikeyJ

MikeyJ New Member

Pleasanton
    I'm not completely sure but it looks like a hopup nub. Were you disassembling the hopup assembly?

5. BoogerMc

Akron
    Exactly what do you mean by spring assembly? Where was it located on the gun and what function does it serve?

6. LupusMiles

LupusMiles New Member

This is the thing that I am calling the spring assembly (though it probably has a different name)

image-948362307.jpg

And this is it removed

image-837602590.jpg

I had to do this in order to put in this screw to properly attach the stock.

image-791729429.jpg

And finally this is my hopup. I did not want to remove it because I am not sure how to do so nor have I ever done so.

image-1583115193.jpg

However if you guys wish for me to remove the hopup I will look into it on how to do so properly.

7. BoogerMc

Akron
    If you did not remove the hop up before, then I doubt the piece is part of the hop up; however, since you did remove the spring assembly (I do not know if it has another name either), my guess would be, IF it does go to you gun, it would go somewhere in or aorund the area you did disassemble. Did the gun come with instructions? If so, these often have a diagram of how the gun comes apart. Look there for something that ressembles the piece in question.

8. LupusMiles

LupusMiles New Member

Btw guys, thank you so much for taking the time to help me out, it means a lot to a noob like me.

Anyway, yesterday I took my gun out to test fire and noticed some haunting anomalies pertaining to the consistency of the bb's flight path when shot. Without even adjusting the hopup, sometimes the bbs would go 20 feet and then fly straight up or die off about 3/10 times which to me is a lot. Secondly when I was firing, I went to pull back on the bolt one time and cocked it all the way back and it slipped from my fingers and when I went to look inside it part of the bolt slide was chipped on the inside (picture below). Furthermore, upon closer examination of the slide it appeared to be made of cast aluminum, not steel, but I expected that. They way I could tell is from the irregular grain structure of the exposed metal which coincides with cast aluminum. This is probably done in order to reduce the cost and weight of the gun.

image-1671237824.jpg

9. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I believe that part is part of the bolt catch. I remember seeing it in sniper dissasembly video. Its just a hunch though .