Is this the Gun for CQB

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Radar159, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

2. AppleJuiceChristmas

AppleJuiceChristmas New Member

hoover
    That's a good gun for CQB, but make sure to buy extra mags, as it will burn through ammo. The reducer should knock you about 50 fps.

3. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

The MP7 is fantastic, the fps is shooting pretty hot so that should probably do a good job lowering the fps.

4. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    all guns are different, so if you get this, it might be shooting 400fps.

if you use .25g bb's, youre down to 380fps.

if your CBC field limit is 380 with .20/.25 youre good to go. no need to waste money or open up a new gun.

just use a poor mans chrono if you wnt to test it out first

5. UBCSWraith

UBCSWraith New Member

Every field I've ever been to requires players to chrono with .2s. If my AEG shoots 400 FPS with .25s, it may meet the 400 FPS limit of my local fields, but with .2s, it would shoot at about 440-450 FPS (if my maths are correct).

Chronoing with heavier bbs is considered dishonest where I play and can get a player thrown out.

6. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Just sayin, I've never heard of a field that allows velocity reducers. Too easy to take off after chrono.

That being said, that MP7 is fine for CQB.

7. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

Lol, Why would I take off the FPS reducer off?, FPS doesn't make a gun perfect. I'm more worried about accuracy and range.

8. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Derp, I didn't look at the link. I was referring to the FPSreducers that look like sound amps, not the internal ones.

9. sunqiller

sunqiller New Member

prospect
    I have one, and it works really well for cqb. the sound alone is very intimidating ;P just be aware that that fps reducer is harder to install than just getting the low power bolt assembly.