Is this the right bucking?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Belgrim, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Belgrim

Belgrim Member

Hello, this is my first post. I have found many answers in these forums especially for teching my JG AUG but i cannot find a similar thread to this.

I recently ordered a new ML bucking with its own ML nub and a 420fps spring. So I thought since the spring is around 420fps that i should get the 70 degrees hardness bucking because it is the recommended for those FPS (360 to 460).

But then I remembered that all fps are measured with .20g BBs and since i use .25g BBs that means that my gun will shoot probably less than 420fps, around 370 i guess.
    So my question is: Is the bucking hardness fps recommendation for .20g BBs? So If i use heavier BBs with my AEG then should I get a softer bucking like 60 degrees (300 to 400 fps). I know that it also has to do with climate, it is hot where I live.

Can someone experienced guide me through this process? Or i guess I can buy both 60d and 70d and test which one is better?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That Hardness to FPS rating is all garbage. It means nothing. It is an old scale that dates back 20 years for a fixed hop-up system.

Sadly...modern Airsoft does not have current information. You also need to evaluate your AEG as a whole system.

Hardness has absolutely No Bearing on which FPS range any more and it's barely a good guideline.

My AEG shoot 400fps and I use the softest durometer packing so the hop-up unit makes "less" contact on the bb for better spin. Plus I use a medium polish bb instead of High polish. High Polish is not as good for flight properties....think golf ball.

So...get a range and find what works best for your fps and bb type.

The benefits of a hard durometer packing is durability of the hop-up packing. 80,000 versus 50,000 bbs before wear affects performance....depending on bb and other conditions.

Belgrim likes this.

3. Belgrim

Belgrim Member

Thank you very much. New hop up chamber and bucking have just arrived. I will try them out the day after tomorrow on the local field and I will post my results here, or maybe on a new tech thread and you guys can help me save my AUG :)