iTunesTomato's High Speed-ish Loadout

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by iTunesTomato, Dec 21, 2012.

1. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Hey guys, my PC came today I felt kind of out of place in the impression threads, since I am not doing an impression, and I wanted to have a place to discuss and share new bits of my loadout.
    Right now this is all going over Multicam cammies, the upper of which being a 5.11 tactical TDU Rapid Response shirt. I'm hoping to then also pick up a Desert Marpat FROG uniform, which can also be used under this kit.
    My basic idea for the kit was to stay lightweight and have highest possible range of motion while having everything quick to access and draw; as well as sticking to the 1st 2nd and 3rd line system, which I really like. I also kept the gear as high quality as possible, while using as much real steal, made in America gear as possible (Only repro gear is the MAP and 6094)
    I already have some of the pieces but here's what I'm hoping for it to look like once its all said and done:

1st Line:(From left to right)
    -ATS Warbelt with TAG duty belt inside
    -Some sort of pistol mag storage (Probably either BFG or TACOs)
    -2 5.56 Fastmags
    -Emdom MM Dump pouch
    -Some medical pouch (Liking the HSGI Bleeder right now)
    -G-code holster
    -The left is my weak side-

2nd Line:
    -Flyye 6094
    -FRONT-
    -Replica S&S Precision mangaroo mag insert
    -Possibly a BFG 3 mag pouch, that way I could still run a slick-ish front if its not in use
    -LBT admin pouch
    -BACK-
    -Flyye MAP
    -Radio pouch attached to side of MAP
    -Two Flashbang pouches (Thinking upside-down)
    -Possibly a smoke grenade pouch above it, or maybe a TT Hardcase
    -Nothing on the cummerbund, keeping slick sides-

Head Gear:
    -Ops-Core style helmet (Currently have a base jump, might get a ballistic or even carbon)
    -Reptile name tape and custom decal on back
    -Maybe some V-Lites
    -Princeton Tec MLPS (White/Blue LED)
    -Helmet cam eventually (Hopefully)
    -Boogie Regulators
    -Boogie regulator Ops Core attatchment system
    -Skull face wrap on hotter days, and for colder days hopefully I'll be able to pick up a FROG hood sometime
    -Still haven't settled on a Comms set up yet
    - I really like the looks of MS2000's but think they would look kinda stupid on a Base Jump, thoughts? -

Bits and Pieces:
    -VIP Strobe on shoulder
    -Eagle personal retention lanyard
    -Pistol retention lanyard
    -Possibly Alta kneepads
    -Assorted patches

As for weapons I run a KWA USP as a secondary, and my primaries I have my Mk.18 build which will be my main weapons and my WIP Soopar Doopar MagPul M4 which will essentially be a back up gun
    Pictures of new 6094 incoming.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    I like it. Glen approves. The only thing I didn't catch is your weaponry.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    This post is to subscribe and to say one thing, self-promotion does wonders:).

4. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Oh yes my life has increased tenfold now that I have the approval of glen :p
    Ah, yes I'll edit that in there. And I forgot my "bits and pieces" section of the list, so I'll put that up, too

Yay, appreciation! ;)

5. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Thank you. Just wait until Grin and Knief post, then the thread will explode.

6. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    There's nothing I can really say beyond that it's looking good... I can't advise you on accuracy, and you seem to know exactly what you want.

7. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I can't wait. I feel like a little girl waiting for the Justin Bieber tickets to go on sale.

I edited the first post, added quite a bit, actually

Well look at that, what a coincidence ;) By you can't advise on accuracy you're referring to the fact that I'm not following an impression, yes? And obviously I'm quite open to any suggestions or changes, I'm sure you all know something I don't

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  8. Grin

Irvine
    When I get home, I'll go over your kit more thoroughly.

9. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Thanks, Grin :)

So I'm sure I left a lot out, but I'll change it as I notice it. I know I'm missing a lot of bits and pieces.
    Also, there won't be any pictures of the 6094 until tomorrow as I wanted to take pictures with natural light outside but it got dark before I could

EDIT: I fixed the head gear section

10. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I wouldn't do the MS 2000 on the Ops Core. I'm not so sure that it would look flat out wrong as much as it would just look bulky for such a high speed kit. The V-Lites would be fine, and you could add in a manta for the strobe. I have the BFG pistol pouch. I haven't put them through a game yet, and probably won't be any real use out of it until winter ends and pistols work again here in Michigan. If you do wait that long, I'll let you know how I like it on the field. For right now, it seems solid, though I wonder how long the elastic will hold. It is a pain to get mags into the pouch though; definitely a two handed operation. Last thing, a buddy of mine in the Army said that the ATS warbelt was just about the most comfortable battle belt out there. He highly recommended it.

11. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Well it poured all day today, so I didn't get to take any pictures. If it rains again tomorrow I'm just gonna take indoor pictures.

Knief, I'd love to hear what you think of the BFG's before I buy them; you might know this but I currently have an ankle which is healing from being fractured in two places so I won't be playing for another few moths. I thought about getting some custom kydex made up but I decided that TACOs or the 10-speeds would be better because I could put things like a small flashlight, multi-tool or other small objects it them, if they didn't have mags in them.
    I've seen lots of recommendations for the ATS battle belt and a lot of people talking about how much they like theirs on ar15.com, so I knew I'd probably like it. Plus its very cost effective.

12. schlabie

schlabie New Member

You know your threads the sh*** when Archer subscribes to it.

13. Kommando

Kommando New Member

Oklahoma City
    Subscribing! Looking forward to pics!

14. Grin

Irvine
    Sorry for the wait...
    There's my runthrough of your kit, mate. I hope you find it helpful. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  15. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    -I'll have to wait and see what Knief says about BFGs, but noted

-But teh Emdom doomp pouch haz all teh c00l featurez
    -Funny, I had my mind set on the ATS a little while ago. It just seems big to be running on a belt..
    -already have the holster system

-Lol the S&S ones, while I'm sure are very nice, are just too expensive to justify
    -I am aware of the six mag insert however they didn't really interest me
    -Already have the MAP one loop high :D
    -I'm not sure if the internal ones will be wide enough for the Puxing I'm getting and I had the radio pouch so I put it on there (like I said, I already have some gear on the list) If it fits then I'll use them
    -Noted (upside down pouches)
    -While the flashbang pouches would indeed hold thunder B's, the smoke grenade pouch would actually be holding smoke grenades

-Lol ok ballistic
    -Sorry, Reptile is my callsign, neglected to mention that
    -Boogies: I was already planning on making notches in the top foam and snapping out the regulator system (as according to Ex)
    -while reading about the hoods I read they were.. but also a full hood will inherently be much warmer than a simple face covering
    -A Sordin setup? I'm not made of money :p
    -MS2000: noted

-PRL belt: I do, indeed
    -Pistol lanyard: another one of those things I just already had

Ok, there's where my mind was when I selected those things, maybe that'll help a bit

Edit: Re-read my post, noticed some things
    1. Didn't adress the part about the MPLS, thanks, that's really cool information and I xan see that coming in handy. Now I was going to get the switch, which only has two LEDs so.. need more helo from there
    2. I realized it kinda sounded like I was arguing for my points, I was really just adding information as to get more accurate help

16. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    What mods are there for the Boogie? Mine should be coming in soon

17. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I haven't read about the guy on MiA yet but so far heres what I've compliled. A To Do list, if you will:
    1. Snap out the regulator system (The plastic part that slides)
    2.If you look down at the foam from the top, as if you had them on and you were standing on your head, looking down at them, you can cut into that so it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Which will help venting like a standard goggle. I suppose it could be done to the bottom as well.
    3.Cat crap/ other antifog?
    4.??Bsconandwaffles???
    5.Profit

18. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I have heard good things about CatCrap. I wants

19. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Well if you gets, tell us all how you like it. Also I put the picture in

20. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Sounds like a very solid loadout. I will let you know how the Boogie mods work as well when I get mine.