I've got management questions! HELP!

Discussion in 'Florida Airsoft Forum' started by Watchmanknight, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Watchmanknight

Watchmanknight New Member

Cantonment
    I have a team located in Pensacola, and beside the efforts of getting our team from an amateur grade to professional grade team, I have long term goals for the team. Aside that, I'm aware of the South Florida Airsoft Association and what it does to contribute to the airsoft community, but is there any entity know as the "Northwest Florida Airsoft Association"? If not, how do I go about organizing one? I also notice that some of the airsoft operations that take place in Fl. or in other states for that matter, occur in abandoned hotels, schools, courthouses and others. How do those hosting these events get permission to use these places? I'm really interested in getting Pensacola on the map in the airsoft world but it seems like I'm missing some info on how to do it. Any info relating to this and or other gaps anybody else may know please feel free to throw me a bone. Thanks!

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    First and foremost, welcome to the forum.

Lots of questions asked, so my apologies in advanced if I miss anything.

To organize an event, you can contact a local airsoft field or facility and inquire. Typically they ask that you give then a minimum of 14day notice. There is also often a fee, I know Wayne's World of Ocala is about $5,000 to rent out the entire field for a day. But you have to remember to promote your event, do pre-orders and yadda yadda. Also you'll need extra hands to help set things up and maintain control.
    There are ALOT of abandoned buildings and facilities in Florida, but there are also laws that apply. With that said, you can go to the owner and request WRITTEN permission, but many are afraid of potential injuries and often deny. But it is very possible to use them.

Florida has a lot of divisions, but no "Head" to lead them. So there's very little communication or state-agreements made. With that said, there probably is a Northwest division, but you'll probably have to ask around to find out about it. The problem is with all the small divisions, no one is willing to compromise to merge as one. Everyone wants to be better than the other and in the process they only seclude themselves, or even worse, they talk as if they are the spokesperson for airsoft in Florida. It's something I see too often.

But my advice to you is to find some local forums, start posting there and meeting people. Go to events, meet more people, and even travel around the state. Eventually you'll learn what's what and in a couple months you'll learn about all the factions and divisions around the state.

3. Watchmanknight

Watchmanknight New Member

Cantonment
    Thanks for the info. I think I'm still gonna try to link some of my local areas together somehow. I so far have reached people from as far as Mobile, Al. to Hurlbert Field A.F.B., but I'm still wanting to reach further. Your response was very helpful. Thanks again.