Jammed vehicle CD player troubles

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Whiplashairsoft1, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Hi everyone,

I bought a new cd a while back and I was going to listen to it, until I realized that the CD currently in the player is completely jammed. I have looked online for different tips and have tried everything excluding tricks requiring double sided tape. I’ve pried at it with tweezers, a dull knife, Popsicle sticks, cursed at it, and done an ancient hindu rain dance (Just kidding about the last bit) and still the dern thing won’t come out. When I use tweezers or my sisters’ hair pins that are hinged and act like tweezers, I can squeeze the disc, but the surface is smooth and the tools slide right out no matter how hard I squeeze. Does anyone have any tips????? I’m getting very frustrated.

The trouble seems (at least partly) to be that there are these two little black square plastic pieces that are holding the CD in. They block the opening where the discs go in and out, and they are probably ¾ of a centimeter tall/long. When I hit “eject” the thing rapidly goes “Click click click click click!” and then I get an “Err” message. Cant’ figure this out!

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Hit the eject button while trying to pull it out at the same time. There is probably something in the center through the hole of the CD that won't allow it to come out unless you hit the eject button.

3. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Tried that too thatguy!!!
    0_o

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    WTF... Your CD player is cursed, get out while you still can. Move to Mexico. You'll be safe there. For a little while... :D

I'm stumped. CD players just stupid. I'm glad technology is moving towards USB based memory storage instead of discs. There's so much that can go wrong with a disc...

5. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Honestly, buy a cheap iPod. It is worth it.

6. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Sadly they don't have as good of audio quality...

7. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Buy a new player. With that tugging and pulling your radio is most likely a gonner. If it jammed in the first place it will most likely happen again. You can try pulling that CD out, but you are doing more harm then good as car radios/cd players are very fragile.