Janmed Dust Cover

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Bait, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Bait

Bait New Member

The dusk cover is not flipping down once the charging Handle in used. The charging handle will not go back into the gun. It's half way out. The dusk cover doesn't move and the handle will not move in. (Jammed*)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    pull the receivers apart and see what is rubbing against the charging handle. sometimes, i would sand down the top of the gearbox so the charging handle doesn't rub on it.

if your charging lever spring is over stretched. it can bind/twist and not allow the charging lever to reset.

3. Bait

Bait New Member

Will the internals be intact if I do it in a month? I don't have time now. I think I pulled it back 2 times in a row.

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    the gearbox is not affected by the charging lever. pulling it back while it's assembled won't over stretch it. but pulling the lever while the receivers are apart can over stretch it. happens alot when someone pulls the receivers apart too quickly with too much force. the charging handle hits the stop notch and gets pulled out (on the sliding type receivers).

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Use a knife or screw driver and simply pry open the cover. Before closing it, ensure the charging handle is fully retracted.
    Close the dust cover and see if it works.

If it's still stuck, remove the gearbox and take a look at the catch and ensure it's functioning and built properly

6. Bait

Bait New Member

I know this was a long time ago. The fix to this was to jam the charging Handel back in then pull it out again. The dusk cover opened. The charging Handel just wasn't in right.