Javelin m4a1 issue

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by ChaseSoFly, Nov 15, 2012.

1. ChaseSoFly

ChaseSoFly New Member

I have a javelin m4a1 and there is something wrong with the trigger. I have to pull it extremely hard for it to shoot. So hard. Most times it doesn't shoot at all

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Try checking your trigger contacts: sometimes they get covered in a carbon build-up. (I think that's what it is.)
    This carbon build-up can mess up your trigger response.

3. ChaseSoFly

ChaseSoFly New Member

image-1477801635.jpg

I have the gun like this right now. Other than that I'm not sure how to get into that

4. TheAirsoftTech

Watch a guide online on "How to Disassemble an Airsoft M4." I like the one by Airsoftreviewer1. It doesn't need to be a Javelin specific guide: just a TM m4 model.

5. ChaseSoFly

ChaseSoFly New Member

Okay I'll do that. Thanks. Ill get back to you ASAP

6. TheAirsoftTech

Alright, take your time, you don't want to break something. ;)

7. ChaseSoFly

ChaseSoFly New Member

image-2618118147.jpg

image-1313019748.jpg

I got everything apart but the last thing is my stock doesn't come off like most do. There's no screw inside and the lever doesn't pull down

8. TheAirsoftTech

I'm not sure, I've never worked on a Javelin, so I don't know what to do from there. Maybe your GB just comes out with removal of the buffer tube.

9. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    That's a hex screw down there. I have an APS and its the same way. FYI the bolt lock is going to catch when you try to take he gearbox out. You either have to bend it or take it out. I haven't been able to take it out( it uses some sort of pin and I have no idea how to take it out). If you have to bend it, it's likely that you won't be able to bend it back to where it was and it won't function the same

10. TheAirsoftTech

Wow, I didn't even notice that.... That's it though OP.

11. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    APS = Javelin

APS is the manufacturer. Javelin is the rebrand

And yes that is hex screw at the bottom of your stock. Not sure what size though. Should be able to guess by eye.

Be careful when opening the gearbox as well. Keep track of the parts.

I have pics if you need them in my Tech Diary Thread.

12. ChaseSoFly

ChaseSoFly New Member

If you have them that would be greatly appreciated. I fixed the trigger problem but putting the gearbox back together was a challenge and now when I shoot it cycles but the blowback doesn't work and the bb's just fall out of the barrel

13. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    For the blowback, you need to put the slide and spring back in. After you close it, just crack it open enough to insert them.

As for the compression, just make sure to put silicone grease on the o rings, I know that mine loses compression through the cylinder head.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  14. ChaseSoFly

ChaseSoFly New Member

I've got all that stuff in there. But I think the gears are put in wrong or sonething

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Eh, you should disable the blowback feature. It's just another part that could break. It looks like it is mechanical so I don't think it's helping your electrical and mechanical efficiency. Do you want pictures of a properly assembled gearbox?

16. ChaseSoFly

ChaseSoFly New Member

Yes please. That would help. I think I'm going to get rid of the blowback. Can you take a picture of the gearbox open without the blowback

17. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I don't have a Javelin Works gun to show you. Ill see if I can get this dboys v2 assembled tonight. There won't be any wires.

18. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    What do you want in the gearbox? I already have mine out.

19. ChaseSoFly

ChaseSoFly New Member

I have my gearbox back together. I'm putting the rest of the gun together. Ill let you know it it works

20. TEXv15

TEXv15 New Member

charlotte
    its definitely the trigger contacts..