JB Full Metal AK-74 EBB issues

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Cordell_Weston, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Cordell_Weston

Cordell_Weston New Member

I love this gun, I've had it for almost a year now but I have had one issue with it, every now and then the full auto doesn't work and I was wondering if anybody knows why.

EDIT: JG not JB

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    You've gotta give us A LOT more than that. You basically just walked up to a mechanic and said "my car's not working".

Use your five senses
    Hearing: When you pull the trigger on semi and auto to do hear anything noticeably different?
    Touch: Do you feel heat when you pull the trigger and nothing happens? Do you feel the motor jerk in an attempt to cycle?
    Smell: Do you smell anything such as burning rubber/plastic?
    See: Do you notice anything that looks off/different - disconnected wiring, exposed wiring, the selector switch not staying in place... ?
    Taste: Did you take a break from trying to fix/diagnose it, have a sammich and come back with a fresh mind? (no seriously, this OFTEN helps)

-mobile device-

3. Cordell_Weston

It makes like a whirring type sound followed by a single click, and the trigger stiffens up. Sometimes switching it to semi-auto and back will fix it but other times I have to leave it in semi for a while.

Sorry for the vagueness at first

4. mikejosephman

mikejosephman Moderator Alligator Staff Member Moderator

Medieval England
    is your battery fully charged? that is a common problem, that goes overlooked.
    if you are able to take the gearbox and motor cage out of the gun, it's much easier to diagnose.

5. Cordell_Weston

I don't have my gun with me at the moment, but it may be battery. I did replace the battery once to see and it kept locking the trigger

6. mikejosephman

mikejosephman Moderator Alligator Staff Member Moderator

Medieval England
    exactly the reason I ask. when a cell goes bad, it can give just enough power to half-cycle the gearbox.