Jg 614

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by DFA_Wulf, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Hello, I am planning on getting the JG 614, with a beta mag, bipod and battery from evike.com. I am asking anyone out there who has one or knows about it, can I get a better gun for the price?(175$ not including the upgrades) And if I do get this one, how much battery space is there and what kind of battery do you think I can put in it?

2. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    the beta mag wont work in it.
    it uses slim mags

3. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Well thank god you told me that. I almost bought a 50 dollar mag for nothing. Thanks! Now I want a gun that can fit a beta mag or a machin gun for around 250. Anyone know a good one? Probably the wrong place to ask but why not?

4. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    I recommend the Magpul PTS EMags, and yes, you cannot beat that gun in that price range.

5. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Yes, those mags look awesome, but my dream is to be a support gunner, but sadly, I am on a budget of 250$. If I do get it, I will get those mags.

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    What do you mean slim mags? The 416 takes m4/m16 mags (AKA STANAG). Personally, box mags just take away from the game. Not to mention they look like crap on an assault rifle.

7. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    But what about beta mags? :p

8. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    So beta mags do work on this? Are you sure, because I don't want to mess this up. I already did that with my last aug, and even though I love augs, It was a total disaster.

9. DFA_Tomcat

DFA_Tomcat New Member

Overland Park
    I did some research. It take normal mags. I'm not sure if a beta/C-mag will fit though. All in all, the slim stuff is BS

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lol. Yeah it is! A beta mag will fit, just please for the love of god don't do it though.

11. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Hm. Thats very interesting. Maybe I should just keep up my tradition of augs, I have had the au-1g, 2g, and 4g. Maybe it's time I get the au-3g..........

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The AUG A3 you mean?

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Look at the box in his profile picture. That is where he is getting it from.

14. DFA_Tomcat

DFA_Tomcat New Member

Overland Park
    He already has one named the AU-4G. Plus I cant even find a AU-3G anywhere. I don't believe it even exists.

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yes, but that is simply used to avoid copyrights and such. The proper name is the AUG A1, A2, or A3.

16. DFA_Tomcat

DFA_Tomcat New Member

Overland Park
    I think he was trying to give the companies name for the gun.

17. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Sorry messin around with my au-4g. Yes, I know that it is properly called the aug( armee universal gewehr)a1, 2, and 3, but jg calls them the au-1, 2, 3, and 4g. So thats what I call them. The au-3g is actually called the aug ras by jg for 220$. I just assumed it was called the au-3g because there was the au-1,2 and 4 g. No 3. Anyways, my au-4g's gearbox is gone, actually shooting one out of every three times it shoots. The charging handle is broken, and parts are constently falling off. And people said it was amazing. I might be lucky to sell it to the boneyard, for 50 bucks at most.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  18. DFA_Tomcat

DFA_Tomcat New Member

Overland Park
    bro, just get the 416. doesn't even have to be the full stock one.

19. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Eh, still messin around with other ideas. And if I want to be a machine gunner, I need a machine gun. Yeah, an m416 with a beta mag would be nice and all, but I guess I could Just wait until I have more money available.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  20. DFA_Tomcat

DFA_Tomcat New Member

Overland Park
    Maybe we could lead you toward other ideas. Seeing that the last 3 AUG's that you've had were not the best in quality.