JG airsoft M4 full metal commando

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by SuperSAP, Aug 16, 2012.

1. SuperSAP

SuperSAP New Member

2. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

That is a great gun for the price. I recommend to pick up a smart charger and a 9.6 if you do not already have one. Also, welcome to the forums.

3. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

I have the non-metal version but I unfortunately can't give you my experiences with it because I purchased it off my local craigslist as a broken gun (didn't shoot) and I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

The one complaint that I can give is the non-removable carry handle but its a blessing and a curse IMHO.

4. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Explain.

@OP

First off, welcome to the boards

Second, yeah, it's a really nice gun. Go for it.

5. CQB

CQB New Member

You can get the KWA CQR MOD 1 or 2 for that.

6. SuperSAP

SuperSAP New Member

Alright thanks. Also I have a CYMA 2012 AK47 and after many uses and wars it has taken a real beating. But just about a month or two ago, after about 30 mins of use the gun will just stop working and I have to switch to my side arm. About an hour later the gun will work again. Any explanations for that?

7. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    You can get a brand new KWA CQR for $135?

8. Fyzix

Garland
    For $135?

Does it make any sound when it stops working? Exactly what does it do?

9. SuperSAP

SuperSAP New Member

No sound what's so ever. I definitely know its not the battery and after every time it stop working I check on the wires and they are all connected. I've hear this is common with this model of a CYMA AK

10. Fyzix

Garland
    What model number? .028?

Take the motor out. Get some copper wire and put it through the motor contacts. (They'll be little tabs with a hole in them) Now stick the copper wire into the battery. Your battery *should* spark, and your motor *should* start spinning.

If this happens, the problem isn't your motor or battery.

Do this and let us know what happens.

11. SuperSAP

SuperSAP New Member

The model is the CYMA .028-A

12. SuperSAP

SuperSAP New Member

Honestly I'm kind of worries of me myself taking it apart I'm only 14 and I don't know much about all the components but it's fine cause my airsoft teams first game is in October so I have time to fix it and stuff

13. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

Errr I geuss it's a blessing because it fits the gun (meaning the older AR style) and can look cool (matter of opinion) but it's a curse because it can be inconvenient for mounting optics.

14. CQB

CQB New Member

I didn't see sale.....

15. kjl131

kjl131 New Member

Portland
    The cqr is 185$ not 135$

16. CQB

CQB New Member

I know, I was seeing the normal price not the sale.

17. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

That doesn't make sense, you meant you saw the sale price not the normal price.

Why are we even talking about this anyways, the OP specifically asked about the JG.

18. airsoft1673

airsoft1673 New Member

I have one of those that I bring to pretty much every match. I never have any problems except my battery runs out pretty quickly

19. thegreatestdestroyer

thegreatestdestroyer New Member

Definitely worth buying

I have one that I've used for over 2 and a half years now. It works great with my 9.6v 1600mah battery. It performs great both at range and in at closer ranges as well. Dont recommend for cqb though.

20. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Op you might want to look into any of the other m4's with removable carry handles.