JG AK-47 fire selector problem

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by JBoyTheGreat, May 7, 2012.

1. JBoyTheGreat

JBoyTheGreat New Member

Hello fellow airsofters. I need help. When I purchased my JG AK-47 2 years ago, the fire selector become loose. I did not know at that time that the screw cover comes off. I tightened the screw but the selector is WAY off. It is always semi-automatic and there is no safety or full auto. I tried messing with the selector internal and it seems the selector is out of line. If you know a way to fix this, please share.

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Happens to almost all AK types at some point. Try just tightening it more from the outside.

3. JBoyTheGreat

JBoyTheGreat New Member

I have done this, it's just when I didn't know about the screw cap coming off, I like tried to pry it to work.

4. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Point the selector switch at safe. Unscrew it and hold the selector switch at safe. When its unscrewed turn it to face full auto then screw it back on. Then while its screwed on turn it back to safety and see if it fires.

Im guessing that might fix it. It might not though. Someone else will probably have a better idea. Im just taking a guess. Im a bolt action sniper guy so i dont have that problem lol.

5. JBoyTheGreat

JBoyTheGreat New Member

Ok thanks, I will try that right now.

6. JBoyTheGreat

JBoyTheGreat New Member

Nope, didn't work. But thanks for at least trying to help. It is so out of whack.

7. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

lol. Might just be easier to buy a new trigger assembly for like 30-50$. They shouldnt be too expensive. Although since your buying a new one already might as well upgrade. That might not fix your problem though. Might have to ask someone else.

8. JBoyTheGreat

JBoyTheGreat New Member

Yeah. I ordered a DBoys M4A1 S-System which has the same fire rate as my ak as well as features. I would just like it to be working so if someone on my team would need a good gun, they could borrow it. But I could just buy a new assembly as you stated. Anyways, thanks for the help :)

9. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

If i was you i would just buy a few boneyard ones. As people who need rentals generally are more prone to hitting them on trees.

10. crucifix5897

crucifix5897 New Member

Jakarta
    Thank you so much dude. For some reason my CYBERGUN AK74u had ''locked up selector switch'' problems. My fire selector could not reach safe, then when I loosened up the screw it would not reach safe, but your advice helped and my gun works again! Now I know in the future not to buy Cybergun stuff, too much faulty stuff...
    :D:D