Jg ak 47

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by BRTSoloWing, Jul 22, 2012.

1. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    I just bought a JG AK 47 off of Craigslist to get parts to fix my little brothers AK. It was suppose to of had a bad motor, but I found that it had a blown fuse and was fine. I decided to do the DIY mods to it instead of fixing the old one because it in better shape. I here a lot of bad about the JG AKs and I'm wondering what needs to be changed to make them good.

2. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Just open up the gearbox shim, correct aoe, fix compression, adjust your motor height, tune your hop up(see tackets guide), clean your barrel, replace the bushings if they are plastic and possibly put in some lower gauge wiring.

3. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    inb4JGAKssuck

If it has a ferrite magnet motor, maybe look into a neo magnet like a Lonex or SHS. JG doesnt use the same parts across the board, so some may have plastic bushings and ferrite magnet motors while others have metal bushings and neo magnet motors.

Deans and a Mosfet wouldn't hurt either.

4. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Okay thanks, I noticed that the motor arks when I pull the trigger, so I'm going to replace it, and iv done the AOE, and shimmed it, but it has a bad air leak in the air nozzle. Any ideas of a temporary fix? Untill I can get the money to get a new one that is.

5. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
  6. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Okay thanks, but do I need a long or short air nozzle? This is my first time working on a AK so how do I tell which one I need?