Jg ak-47

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by UmadBro, Oct 28, 2012.

1. UmadBro

UmadBro New Member

I want to run a stick battery in my AK and a tactical stock. I was wondering if anyone could give me some input on how to do so. I know I need to run my battery wire to the top but not sure on how to do that...? If anyone could give me some advice, that'd be great!

2. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Okay exactly what jg ak do you have? is it the ris version, or a different one? I'm guessing your gun runs the battery in the stock.

3. UmadBro

UmadBro New Member

Yeah it's the JG tactical. And yes it runs through the stock. I got it all figured out now and got the wires ran up there just had to bypass the fuse cause the fuse cover was too big. I need the smaller one. But I appreciate you responding to my post. Was beginning to think no one would. Do you think I will have any problems that I bypassed the fuse?

4. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Well you do run the risk of melting your whole wire system and motor damage if there is a short. but you should be fine. I've bypassed the fuse in all of my guns. You should be fine.

5. UmadBro

UmadBro New Member

Oh okay. Well I got everything wired right and put shrink tubing on all the splices

6. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Wish i saw this thread earlier. The jg tactical ak's, when not wired to the stock, dont have a fuse cover. Just little metal prong connectors and a place to tuck the fuse. Its a very unreliable design, youre definitely better off just bypassing the fuse. If you want i could probably post a pic of what the ak with the folding stock looks like inside.

7. UmadBro

UmadBro New Member

I know what the folding stock ak looks like cause a friend of mine has one. Possibly find a pic with what that little holder looks like on the tactical ak