JG and Batteries

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ReconOpsFireteam, Nov 30, 2012.

1. ReconOpsFireteam

ReconOpsFireteam New Member

Mohave Valley
    I have a JG M4 RIS and I am running a 9.6v and wanted to know if I could go either 10.8v or maybe even 10.8v Lipo?

2. beanmaster50

beanmaster50 New Member

Superior
    10.8 lipo? Never heard of 'em.
    If your m4 is stock, no use using anything over a 9.6, it'll just end up braking somehow.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It will probably be okay with an 11,1v li-po if it has the "JG blue" motor, as the ROF won't be that high. There is of course a risk of stripping something in the gearbox if it's bone stock.

4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    If its bone stock it will last a decent amount of time with a 11.1v LiPo.

As stated above, the rate of fire will be slow, and the motor doesn't pull that much amperage.

On the bombshell side, if the gun is unluckily shimmed badly, or there's a lot of resistance in the gearbox, something will strip internally or something electrical will go wrong (or melt something).

My 2 cents. There's some work to be done to run a 11.1v confidently on a stock JG. Unless you want to break them... Like me lol

5. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    If you're running anything over a 7.4V Lipo or 9.6 NiMH/NiCad, you will want to get a good mosfet or you'll be replacing trigger contacts every year or so.
    Unless you rarely/never play, then you're fine for a little longer.

I've seen high discharge 9.6V NiCad packs fry a brand new ICS trigger contacts in 8 months on a heavily used gun (mine).

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A large (3000+mAh) 9,6v ni-mh battery can do surprisingly much damage to your trigger contacts if the motor is a power hungry one. The contacts in my first AUG build actually got burnt pretty bad when I ran it with a large 9,6v, with a G&P M140 pulling an M120 spring. Now I run a mosfet in all my guns, regardless of battery voltage.

7. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Just a question not really related but how long do you think your trigger contacts will last in a KWA SR10 running a 9.6v 5000mah?