JG AUG A3 hop up mod

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by tresspaser, Jul 26, 2012.

1. tresspaser

tresspaser New Member

Guaynabo
    Hello everyone here is a photo of my latest hop up mod shape of the contact site to bb. Problem is it is too effective and even with very low hop it still manages to jam a bb every now and then. I believe it is because it has low fps and 650 mm. It has a m150, a bore up writ fully sealed cylinder, 6.01 madbull of 650 mm and a 11.1 Li polymer 1800 mah battery. It is shooting 372 fps +/- 3 of variance with 0.25g.
    Let me know any suggestions of solving the jams besides cleaning the barrel again. I was thinking along the lines of increasing the fps drastically as not to give the bb time to spin up inside the barrel and use heavier bb's.

ForumRunner_20120726_204808.png

2. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Is that a curved nub with a modified bucking or an Rhop patch?

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Why the hell are you using a 650mm barrel? And if the bb jams, you may simply need to shave off the nub a little.

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Get a higher bore barrel. 6.01 is too tight, get a 6.03. That should fix the jams. Or at least help.

5. tresspaser

tresspaser New Member

Guaynabo
    The rubber was modified, shaved the nub, shaved the line and aligned a smooth side to the hop up window. Modified the arm with the shape of a bb so there are two contact spots on the bb but longer contact patch. How you ask? Epoxy and lots of patience and trials. The purpose its to increase accuracy to equal a sniper rifle, the position I always play. My bolt action sniper has a six inch spread at 100 feet without a bipod nor resting it on a wall. This is the bar I want to reach. Plenty of years modifying my sniper is all I can offer to you guys as proof I am not talking crap.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  6. Star_folder

Star_folder Active Member

Lexington
    It looks like a flat hop to me, a very well done flat hop at that. Do you know where the bbs are jamming in the barrel? If they jam at the hop up, which it looks like is probably happening, you need to remove some material from your hop up arm so it doesn't intrude so much into the barrel.

I also suggest examining your barrel. Madbull barrels are weak/flimsy, it's possible that it's become damaged and the bbs may be jamming in the barrel.

Thirdly, check your bucking lips, it might be a little tight, causing the bbs to jab at the bucking.

7. tresspaser

tresspaser New Member

Guaynabo
    I considered the protrusion into the barrel. When hop is completely off it is equal size as the nub that was removed. I tested this several times, however you may be right about reshaping it. After examining the infer barrel I did notice some markings mid and two thirds up the barrel. I will be recleaning the barrel and checking if out may be deformed and causing the jams but I believe it is the hop being too effective.
    The hop is not flat it's more H shaped than flat, but it's twice as long the contact zone that'd why I'm wondering if a faster bb might help the problem. By the way, the shooting tests show that at 100 feet it has a 12 inch spread with a 10/10 accuracy.

8. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Did no one notice he has a major airleak? M150 getting 375? Granted its .25s but its still fairly low. As to the hop up... it looks like its protruding into the hop up window a tad much.

9. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    Actually your not the only one who noticed this Thompson.

Before you go any further with your testing,you need to find out where your leaking air.With an M150,you should be over 500fps with .25's.The hopup can wait because as soon as you fix the airleak you will have to go to heavier ammo any way,and start your testing all over again.

Lastly,that 6.01mm barrels jamming thing is an urban airsoft myth.It could happen if you use really poor ammo,but in my experience thats the only way.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  10. tresspaser

tresspaser New Member

Guaynabo
    The bbs don't jam at the hop they jam further up. This makes me think the barrel may be defective our permanently damaged by recurring jams.
    I tried to create a seal in the rubber and barrel by using gorilla glue to permanently fix the bucking to the barrel, rolled the bucking edge back, applied the glue around the bucking and rolling it back in place over the glue. Maybe I need to teflon tape it, I didn't cause I thought it would be over kill. Maybe the leak is somewhere at the back where the nozzle makes contact, maybe a poor seal there. Anyone have problems at the nozzle contact? By the way I'm using a metal g&g hop up chamber.
    About the 6.01 myth, don't worry all my replicas use them. Never had had problems with jams before. Always use madbull barrels because of no history of problems with personal use.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  11. tresspaser

tresspaser New Member

Guaynabo
    Just in case anyone is following this, problem with jams was discovered to be defective bbs. Rifle is back to working conditions with an incredible accuracy, I myself am awed at it, in part with my sniper rifle at 100 feet, no joke. Writ this I encourage everyone to modify their hop up and experiment.
    Today I had a set back in that the story is not the same in full auto. Send to fail to feed successfully, maybe it is the magazine but further testing needs to be done. Maybe a low or mid cap magazine would bring better results. Anyone has a say on this matter?

12. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    If you buy mids avoid the king arms. Hey suck big ones. The MAG mags are nice. Also, what kinda range are you getting? I'm getting about 270ft on my AUG with flathop.

13. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Hey man next time you do a shooting test can you take a pic of it to show us.