JG AUG A3: Thoughts?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Bullpup GOD, Dec 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    Considering this gun. Looks great, has long barrel, and tons of rail space. I had a JG AK a while back and it was pretty good. How good is this gun from you experience? How accurate is the 509mm barrel as well? Not many reviews out there on these...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

The 509mm barrel will be no more accurate than a 200mm barrel. In fact an AEG lacks sufficient cylinder volume to be efficient with decent weight BBs for barrels over about 400mm. 363mm barrel with a full, unported cylinder that's been adjusted for angle of engagement, together with 0.28g BBs is about right.

3. theobz

theobz Member

Barrel length wont play much of a factor but from what I know JG makes some of the better AUG's. If it were me Id go to my local shop and hold one and see if you can try it out.

4. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    would a tightbore barrel improve this more?

5. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

It would improve it by a tiny fraction, but the simplest way is to just not buy an Airsoft gun with a stupidly long barrel. I should put this as a sig I say it so often... In Airsoft a long barrel DOES NOT MEAN BETTER ACCURACY! In Airsoft the barrel is there to allow the air to accelerate the BB. A good bore finish helps, but once the barrel length is over 200mm,it doesn't matter how good it is, you don't get any more accuracy.
    AEGs only have a certain cylinder volume. For 0.28g BBs the most efficient cylinder volume to barrel volume ratio is around 2.5-2.7:1. This means there is a maximum barrel length that an AEG can efficiently accelerate a BB down. 363mm barrel, AOE corrected full cylinder, 0.28-0.3g BBs... Those are just one of the sets magic numbers for a full auto AEG that mean you shoot a little plastic ball for the least wasted energy, which means less stress on the motor, battery, gears etc. It also means that there is enough air to prevent the gun running out of puff and the BB just rolling down the last part of the barrel, bouncing around, losing energy, losing accuracy... And this is from experience. It's not just some stuff I read in a forum somewhere. I found this out the hard way, and now you can have it for free... ;)

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.