Jg AUG build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by jman79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    EDIT: Now is a TM Aug build!

Ive always wanted to build a project gun, and i've always wanted it to be an AUG. Having saved some money, i would like to begin creating a reliable, unique, and rangy/accurate gun...my dream gun!!!:)

Goals

900 RPM (16-18 BPS) w/ three round burst
    Range 225-250 feet for 12 inch target with .25s
    Super duper reliable (wont break:)

Budget

Not including the gun...around 100 dollars. Tell me if its too small a budget (which it probably is:p)

Parts list:
    Lonex a2
    Systema bucking (with floss fix)
    AOE
    Shimming
    7.4 Lipo (will try deans:), or 9.6 (maybe deans?)
    Matrix M120 spring
    Modify Piston and Head
    Modify Metal 6mm bushings
    King Kong Burst Wizard (im picking this one because of the price and seemingly easy installation.)

Etc...

100 dollars is budget, so is there anything i can shave off of this list, but still meet my goal?
    Also, although I am fairly familier with the basics of upgrades, I am a beginner to wiring, bushings, and motors, so any help is GREATLY appreciated:)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    What is your FPS goal?
    If you tune your barrel group well, you can achieve this with an M120-M130.

3. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    Around 380 with 25s....I knew I was missing something in my goals:)

What is a barrel group???? Hop up? Sorry....

4. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    You barrel group consists of your barrel, bucking, hopup components, and any barrel stabilization.

5. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    Do I need to do anything else besides the lonex motor to get to 900 rpm?

I'm also getting a burst wizard MOSFET (king kong), first because of the lipo, and second, because of the burst fire function. Will it work inside an aug?

6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    The Lonex will get you 15bps easy.

IIRC, the King Kong is a plug and play Mosfet. It doesn't protect the trigger contacts.

It will work in the AUG, but the problem is getting it to fit.

7. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    So all I know is that MOSFETs are usually installed along with lipo's, so I have a very limited knowledge of them. Could you explain the difference between the plug and play, and a "real" MOSFET?

is it even possible to fit the burst wizard into the aug?

So, how much bps will I get with the lipo and lonex? I dont want it much higher then 16 bps:/

Thanks for your help:)

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The Lonex A1 will do 20ish with a 7,4v li-po actually. I don't have an A1 myself, but I have it's slightly slower brother, the A2, and I'm getting 18ish rps with a 7,4v li-po, pulling an M120 on 18:1 ratio gears, so the A2 will be closer to your preferred ROF, and will be slightly more efficient, your setup will be very efficient, expect your battery to last all day. Increasing to an M130 spring will barely have any effect on the ROF.

It's easy to fit and install a mosfet in an AUG. You connect it in the same way as other AEG's, only you connect it to the secondary trigger switch instead of the primary, regular trigger switch. Your trigger switches should be okay with a Lonex A1 or A2 pulling an M130 on standard gears, the motor will draw little current, and the voltage is also low.

9. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    Thanks for the information. I think I will try to go with a Lonex 2 if I can.....:)

Quick question on the Mosfet stuff. I'm going to get a King Kong burst wizard (Mostly because of the 3 round burst), and am wondering if that is a good option. I've read that it is plug and play, but can be converted into a regular MOSFET if needed....is that all that is needed for a Tenergy 7.4 lipo?

Thanks

10. Lefse

I've heard much better things about Extreme Fire mosfets, that's the brand I would choose if I was getting a burst mosfet myself. Definitely get a Lonex A2, really excellent motors.

11. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    Looking to maybe switch to a TM AUG, so would i still need these upgrades. Would it be worth it?

12. Lefse

Why? A TM AUG is by no means superior, maybe the externals are nicer, and the hop-up unit may be a bit better, but it's definitely no worth the price.

13. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Switch to a TM aug if you own one already. Or you can find one used.

Nothing wrong with JG AUG's. fitting consistencies aren't as on spec as TM, but they get the job done :) just be more careful with the JG. The TM aug is a little more forgiving.

Can't beat the JG for the price :) but you are also taking a gamble at the same time lol

14. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    The TM is used for 120. It has a little problem with the auto/simi(will sometimes only fire simi), but I'm thinking I can just jump in the gearbox and fix that:\

I'm thinking that I should get the TM because of the externals, and because....it's a TM:p But, main question is will I be able to still run the upgrades (FPS, lipo/MOSFET, accuracy) that I was wanting? I'm thinking yes, but I know TM's are highly regarded and are great stock...so it might not be worth it to upgrade:/ opinions????

Thanks a toooonnnnn:)

15. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Eh that's a basic fix unless the gearbox is fubar lol

Yes you'll still be able to run every/any kind of upgrade you can think of :)

16. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis

Btw, Have any idea specific idea on what is wrong???

17. Lefse

You probably just have to adjust the contacts on the secondary/full auto switch. Or maybe it's halfway fried.

18. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    Alright, now since TM's usually shoot at <300 FPS, do I need to change anything besides for the AOE, shim, before I put the spring inside the gearbox? Or do I need to strengthen the GB before upgrading the spring?

EDIT: Update to list:)

19. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    They should be at <290 fps lol.

Besides those 2 things:
    - I'd suggest 6mm metal bushings for less of a hassle in the future lol ;)
    - you don't need to strengthen the gearbox at all. They can handle up to M150+ and still be going strong lol. My TM V3's have lasted for over 8 years and abused hellish'ly.

To add one those 2 things...
    - air seal mods
    - make sure to re-grease the gears and etc. since you are getting this used
    - check the hop bucking for wear and tear after you shoot a few mags lol

That should be it if you're dropping a spring in :) good luck and have fun ^_^

20. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    OK, that should be easy:)

One question, though. I've always heard 6mm bushings and 7mm bushing and such, but I've never really figured out what the difference is:/ Any place I can find that on the forum???

Also, I'm trying to find a 9.6 battery that will fit into the battery compartrment. I'm going to eventually get a lipo, but I don't have enough money yet to upgrade to MOSFET+lipo+deans:/ So is there a standerd 9.6 that will fit, or do I need to but the AUG battery+bolt mod in order to have a 9.6?