jg aug military vs dboys ak74

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by kamikazepanda16, Oct 23, 2012.

1. kamikazepanda16

kamikazepanda16 New Member

Ok I'm getting an airsoft gun soon and I have a budget and I want to get a AK or AUG but I don't know what's more reliable please let me know what I should get

2. flameingawesomeness

flameingawesomeness New Member

If you are a beginner I would go with the ak check out the matrix section at evike it has some verry well priced ak47 and ak74u guns

3. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Umm I would beg to differ and say that the JG AUG is an excellent gun. Pm ThompsonFTW he knows a load about the gun and can give you tons of help or tips.

4. Griffin213

Griffin213 New Member

I had the JG AUG military before and it was awesome. Get that for sure.

5. kamikazepanda16

I'm not a beginner but I'm getting back airsoft and I just want to say way from a AR platform and I herd all of good stuff about the jg aug's

6. jman79

jman79 New Member

memphis
    I went through the same dilemma a while back, between an jg aug civilian and Ak 74u cyma. I got to ak, and it is AMAZING...espically with a 9.6:) But, if you put some work into the aug, then you can have a super duper beastly gun! you can look for tackett (i think) aug, and get some ideas from that:)

7. kamikazepanda16

How reliable it the jg Aug. And can it fit a 9.6 without modifications???

8. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    I've heard that the externals on the DDBOYS are solid, as for internals you'd have to swap out the stocks and put in the CYMA gearbox (which I've heard are superb).

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The dboys AK internals are solid gearboxes. I prefer them over both JG and CYMA.

10. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Same here. The all steel models are awesome externally but will need a little internal tuning.

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Definitely are going to need some tuning just like a CYMA or JG.

12. Griffin213

Griffin213 New Member

My AUG was very reliable. It never broke down and the scope on it is actually very nice. As far as battery space, it is pretty small. You might be able to squeeze a 9.6 in it but you can also just get a 7.4 lipo and have it be the equivalent of a 9.6 but way smaller. But on the other hand, even with the 8.4 that comes with it, you get a very respectable rate of fire from it, and great trigger response.

13. kamikazepanda16

So the Aug is reliable as the AK or not cause I need a gun that is reliable and that take damage and still shoot perfect for a budget gun that's isn't an ar15 platform

14. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Externally the Dboys all steel AKs will take a better beating. Internally the JGs might be slightly better but I find it easier and cheaper to upgrade and replace internals than externals.

15. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Really?? o_0

I got a cyma, the internals are rock solid reliable making it perfect fora beginner to chuck in a 9.6 and just run into the woods :) While I would agree the dboys externals are better, internals? I don't think so...IMHO

16. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    If you want a gun just to leave stock and never touch the internals get a Cyma AK. If you want a gun that has slightly better externals but will need a little tuning get a Dboys Steel AK.

17. soviet

soviet New Member

The AK has carport internals sometimes. Great externals, but bad internals. Get the JG.