JG BAR 10 $300 Upgrade Pack

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by jrichter, Aug 27, 2012.

1. jrichter

jrichter New Member

So I'm going to spend $350 on a JG Bar 10 and it would be nice if someone told me how they feel about the parts. My target is a sniper that can consistently hit humans at 250' and something the size of a soda can at 200'

JG BAR 10 Stock $100
    Madbull 6.03mm Tightbore $50
    PDI Hop up Chamber Ver 2 : [http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo...p_up_chamber_ver_2_for_tokyo_marui_VSR_10.htm ] $70
    Firefly hard bucking $25
    Scope - $40
    DIY Mods - <$5 (teflon, airbrake)

Total: $290, with $60 room for more upgrades.

What kind of accuracy and range can I get out of these upgrades/mods? If possible, I'd also like to know what kind of parts you'd get for $250 (excluding price of stock). And please be as specific as possible, because I've read a lot of threads using the search tool and found generalizations that didn't really match my target needs.

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You may want to get a set of new sears. Maybe even a new piston and such. The stock ones aren't going to last long.

3. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    +1, sears is an absolute must for this. With the money left over look into some pdi sears. Might wanna pick up a better spring, spring guide. Choose a good piston too, I bought a pdi vacuum piston and it works great. That all might get you close to your price range. But if you have more left over and the confidence to install a R-hop or an ER-hop that will help out greatly for accuracy.

4. jrichter

jrichter New Member

What sears would you recommend? I'll probably install an m150 spring with new guide and piston if I can find links for them. The only ones I know are from ASGI and they look alright, but people seem to be picky about getting top of the line stuff, so suggestions would be great.

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    PDI ones. (20 char).

6. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I hear the PDI hopup chamber only works with the PDI cylinder. But IIRC there are different generations and one of them requires the PDI cylinder.

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    He linked the one That is used with the TM cylinder.

8. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Ok then nevermind. Op if you really want some max range consider an R hop, or an ER hop if you pop in a powerful spring.

9. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Lol I feel like my post got overlooked, just slightly lol.

10. kmarksman

kmarksman New Member

just a few questions along with the thread

The PDI hop up version 2 works with the bar 10 right (i'm assuming because the JG is an exact inner clone)? Also, how much would new PDI sears+spring upgrade components cost?

11. jrichter

jrichter New Member

Would these be adequate for a spring upgrade?

PDI Vacuum Spring Guide: www.airsoftatlanta.com/PDI_VSR_10_Spring_Guide_Airsoft_Vacuum_Piston_p/65387.htm

PDI Piston
    http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a...stons_PDI_Ezy_Hard_Piston_for_Marui_VSR10.htm

ASGI Sears

M170 Spring

That's going to be a whopping $135 more, or $75 over budget. In total this would be around $425. Is this a reasonable price to make a gun hit humans at 250 ft and cans at 200 ft?

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well the stuff here isn't going to do much for accuracy and range. But it will improve a few things, one of which is durability. These things however are kinda a must when it comes to a solid performing sniper rifle.

Range and accuracy come from the inner barrel and hopup for the most part. The pdi hopup paired with a prometheus 6.03 tightbore barrel will help out a lot. After that you can choose to do a R or ER-hop and the basic DIY mods (stabilize inner barrel, fix any possible compression issues etc.).

13. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

My bar-10 had the ASGI sears in it with an ASGI m170 and the piston sear tore up when I was first testing the thing to buy it. I tried putting in a PDI piston sear myself thinking that should be strong enough and that didn't even last for two magazines before it got torn up enough to slamfire too, although thankfully the stock (plastic) piston still works with the stock spring because that material's much softer than the sear.

If you're planning on using a metal piston or an upgraded spring don't waste your money on sears and go straight to the 90 degree trigger.

14. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    No way... For real. Post some pics of the sear itself.

Did you replace both the 1st and 2nd sear?

15. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

It's a worn sear, it looks pretty much like this but black and slightly less divoted. I only replaced the piston sear because the other one (ASGI reinforced) wasn't worn or cracked at all, and the laylax piston wasn't worn either. It's either the m170 being way too strong or perhaps too long given it IS longer than normal, or the laylax piston's metal end-cap being the issue. Either way it doesn't slamfire with the stock spring and piston so hey there's that at least.

The main point here is that Sears are pretty much a waste of money, unless you have access to some truly absurdly hard steel to file one out of yourself it's probably best to just accept you're going to need to find a 90 degree mech somewhere.