Jg Bar-10 Mag Feeding Problem

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by SniperNoSniping, Dec 26, 2012.

1. SniperNoSniping

SniperNoSniping New Member

My bar-10 has a problem with the magazine feeding and not feeding. So initially when i got my bar-10 and put it together it would not fire at all until i pushed the mag in real hard then it would fire. then after thinking about it for a while i came up with the idea to put a small amount of electrical tape on the mag right next to where the bb come out (Image at the bottom)
    That seems to have worked a little better and it will feed like 10 in a row then i have to push it in more and it will work but this makes taking the mag out a bear and i was wondering if there is any other fix for this.

Attached Files:

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Do you have any other magazines you can try?

When you put it together, did you mess around with any of the internals or did you simply attach the stock to the barrel?

3. SniperNoSniping

When I got it I did the Teflon tape on the bucking and cylinder head threads I also did the airbrake mod but that probably wont affect it. I do not have any other mags sadly.

4. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

When that mag goes in that little piece that you have circled. Gets pushed down.

Take your finger and try to push it down and see if it seems really hard to push down or if it slides down like it should. If it slides like it should then it could just be that your mag well is not assembled correctly.If you have a different mag i recommend just trying that mag. If its the same problem then theres an issue with your mag well.

5. SniperNoSniping

That piece slides in and out just fine. I don't know how the mag well could be assembled wrong? And I think I will live with it until I get another mag.

6. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

well i mean it might not be a mag problem. It could be a mag well issue. In that case a new mag wouldnt fix the issue.

When you push the mag in. Does it lock in and not come out? Like when its locked in and not pushed in alot is that when its not firing? Or is it not locking in either.

From what i understand the mag works fine. So that little piece that needs to be pushed down normally isnt being pushed down all the way. So when you push it up really hard it goes in just enough for that little piece to go all the way down and release the bbs. So Im going to assume somethings wrong with the actual gun.

The reason why putting that piece of tape on that area of the mag worked to make it feed was because it made it a little bit higher. So it made contact with the part in the gun that is supposed to push it down to release the bbs. So a new mag wouldnt fix the issue of the mag well isnt assembled properly. The only way to find out would be to load a different mag in then put it in and see what happens. Until you get another mag though there is no easy way to tell which is the messed up piece. Unless your Edi1st lol.

7. SniperNoSniping

yes i will push it in and it will click and fire then after a about 10 rounds it wont shoot so i have to push it in more and that fixes it. i can just live with it now.

8. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Take some electric tape. And put it on the front side of the mag where i colored it in red. (see attached picture)

That might fix it. I did it on my UTG M324 sniper. More or less to stop it from moving around at all in the mag well. So it could help you.

Attached Files:

9. SniperNoSniping

sweet i will try that thanks!

10. Pantherman24

Pantherman24 New Member

I too have a JG BAR 10 and when I prime the gun, I can pull the trigger all I want but it won't shoot. However I dots install a new sear set and that might be part of problem.
    P.S. When this occurs the only way I can get the gun to shoot is by giving our a hit on the stock right around the trigger box.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

THANKS

11. Napple

Napple New Member

Thread jacked! Lol...

12. SniperNoSniping

Ever Thought About Creating Your Own Thread?

13. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

I would take the gun out of the stock and see if theres a loose piece. If not then you might want to search the threads and see if theres anything else on it.