JG BAR 10 Performance

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by jrichter, Aug 24, 2012.

1. jrichter

jrichter New Member

There are two things I would like to know from someone who has done tests themselves or can link me someone else's.

1) Stock accuracy performance from 50-200 ft. Preferably grouping details.
    2) Accuracy after Air-brake mod, EdGI Custom 6.01mm Bull Barrel (435mm), teflon tape mods in various places, nineball/firefly hard bucking and m150 spring upgrade with piston and guide. Suggestions for another combination of mods mods are also ok, but keep in mind the price range of these upgrades is the maximum I'm willing to spend (around $100). So grouping details for these as well if possible.

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um well, accuracy varies as they are made with low QC.

Scrap that 6.01, use 6.03. Madbull will do or you can get Prometheus.
    If you want to use that M150, you HAVE TO get a new trigger unit.
    That M150 you want in there pretty much FORCES you to go well over $100 for upgrades.

Building a sniper rifle ain't cheap, so might as well not have a budget then buy parts one by one.

3. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I put in a m150 spring in mine just yesterday after about 6 months of good use with the stock spring, slam fired on the 3rd shot.

4. jrichter

jrichter New Member

Yeah, I was thinking about the spring being too powerful. Would my upgrades be more ideal for an A&K Dragunov? This rifle has an M150 pre-installed and the high quality trigger gear box can handle it. What's pulling me back from the Dragunov are people who just say it sucks, but never explain why other than the bolt being hard to pull. I would think that doing the same DIY mods on a better built rifle (with M150 already in there) and buying aftermarket upgrades like the madbull tightbore + hop up upgrades would probably allow it to outperform the bar-10 at a lower cost. Any thoughts/experience on this?

5. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    HELLLLLL NO
    DON'T GET THE A&K SVD.
    There's like ZERO upgrade parts for it other than that one store which custom makes all the stuffs AKA you'll need a DEEEEEEEEEEEEP pocket to afford it.

6. soviet

soviet New Member

Your wrong, look at shiftyshooters thread about the A&K SVD. there's a company that makes parts.

7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    YOU are wrong.....

"other than that one store which custom makes all the stuffs"

8. soviet

soviet New Member

No airsoftpro.cz look on the There website.

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Can you not read?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"other than that one store which custom makes all the stuffs"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

10. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Those parts are custom made by the store's technicians.

But they do not really cost that much.

11. soviet

soviet New Member

Doesn't guru arms make some parts?

12. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    Yes, but that is custom made too. You see, there is mass production (like some companies in China and Taiwan who make thousands of gears ans pistons) and then there is the custom production which focuses on making a small amount of - generally - superior quality parts. And that is exactly what companies like Airsoft Pro and Guru Arms do.

13. soviet

soviet New Member

True. But you they don't seem to ever run out of parts. These seem in between custom and mass production.

14. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    I cannot possibly imagine someone buying 25 pistons at once. I know one of the employees of Airsoft Pro and this is what I am being told.

15. soviet

soviet New Member

Yea but they sell them from three website if I do recall. How much can they produce?

16. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    Yes, they do, but in such small quantities that you cannot possibly consider that mass production. At least not by the standards of Czech trade.

They generally produce around a hundred a month, not more.

17. soviet

soviet New Member

Well it's in between is what I'm getting at. It's not 1 a week. But it's not a 100 a month.

18. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Do they make custom parts for the vsr?

19. soviet

soviet New Member

No there are mass produced parts VSR.