JG Bar 10

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by andkim, Jul 26, 2012.

1. andkim

andkim New Member

Planning to buy the JG Bar 10 scope package; are there any other spring sniper rifles that are better in that price range? ($100-$200)

2. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

well. The VSR-10 is leagues above it stock. Does not come with a scope though. Its made by tokyo marui and is just better quality then the JG Bar-10. The Bar was made to clone the VSR-10 but be cheaper. The VSR is like 220-240 though. Has a WAY BETTER hop-up. And will in general just last longer stock.

3. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    The Bar10 is a good rifle, there are plenty of aftermarket parts! With a shimmed hopup arm and a Tdc mod, wrap the cylinder head's threads with some teflon tape and it'll be a great rifle.

I have 2 of them and an M28. I may end up selling one of the Bars soon, dont need both and the M28,lol..

And since I own BOTH types of rifles, the M28 is a wonderful rifle! Of course they have crappy plastic pistons that blow out fast and there werent any replacement aluminum piston till now. They use a standard Vsr triggerbox like the Bar10. Hopup is the same except its slightly smaller in diameter, but the hopup arm is a match. And they WAY out range the Bar10 by a LOT! If you want more proof, google peoples M28 reviews, I am not the only one stating the fact that the M28 "bone stock" is shooting in excess of 200ft. Mine will sling 36's 250+ but most accurate at 220 ft. This like all bolt rifles could improve from the hop arm shimmed and the teflon tape on the cylinder head threads and wrap the bucking. These improve air seal and can boost your rifles fps a good bit.

4. TheFallenHero

You know ranger. Theres a reason why edi and shifty recommend the Bar and the UTG L96... They are better then the m28 lol. If they werent then your M28 would get recommended alot more...

5. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    You know what Fallen, I dont care what anyone who doesnt have one says.. Cause its like stating something they DONT know about! I have both pal.. AND.... I have been playing a long, long, long, long,long,long time! So, I think I might just know if the M28 is a good rifle or not. And since you seem to wanna be all over my tail on this M28, The reason people dont like the M28 was due to the fact there WERE NO AFTERMARKET PARTS.. Ask an M28 owner what they think about the rifle. If they say anything because of the lack of parts, the problem has been solved.. If they say it cannot compete, their obviously FOS! If I told you a Tanaka was crap, and I never had one, wouldnt I seem like an idiot? So being that I OWN BOTH the Bar10 "two of them" and the M28.. You and I can argue all over the forum with this same crap, but why? Dude asked a question, I answered him, I'm terribly sorry you disagree.. But guess what? I am allowed to have my own opinion.. Unless your telling me I'm not allowed? Have YOU owned an M28?? If not, then the whole "he said,she said,/ some guy I know who knows a guy who knows a guy said no.." that doesnt cut it.. So, please keep someone elses opinions to them. If you have something VALID to add, please do so! Otherwise your comments are just another opionion right? But.... Like I stated, I own both! AND,lol.. We cannot say my Bar10 must be a lemon either cause both of my Bar10's shoot perfectly!

To add to this, "why not since I said this much" When shooting my M28 in my 3 acre yard, the m28 does shoot better.. I have my hopup arms shimmed on all my rifles, I have teflon on all my buckings and I also wrapped my cylinder head threads.. All using the same bb.. on the same day.... In the same yard... Tell me I'm wrong that I can see the difference!

6. TheFallenHero

Well explain to me this. If your statement is true and the m28 is the bees knees why do the people who have been on here and who are mods never recommend that gun. The bottom line is that they recommend good guns that are easily upgradeable.

If your gun feel in that category it would get recommended but its not. I'm not saying it is a bad gun. Just go look at shifty's SVD that thing can keep up with any bar 10 our UTG l96. But he spent twice as much cash getting it there.

And I just want to note here. You are comparing a 120 dollar gun to a 175 dollar gun. And that the bar 10 is terrible stock.

7. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Duh, durrrrr.. I already said pal! I shimmed the hopup arms..... And I wrapped the cylinder head threads with teflon AND I also wrapped the bucking.. so therefore the G DANG rifles arent exactly stock, cause I did mods.. correct?????? Dude, let me breif you on something.. I have been playing with these rifles for a very long time! I prefer my M28 over the Bar10, like it or dont! Get the heck over it.. if someone else doesnt like what I like, awesome! Good for them, but for you to keep being a jerk over my opinions on my rifles.. how freaking stupid? How many years have you been playing airsoft my friend? How many years have you been a tech?, how many years ahve you been building your own rifles? How many rifles have you owned... How many rifles have you got sitting just feet away from you now? I am very certain I have higher numbers on ALL them questions! Now its time to stop this retarted arguement buddy. Sorry your opinion is different than mine.. Have a great day..

8. TheFallenHero

That's not upgraded... That's modified. Go er hop. Get a pdi hop up. Get a prometheus 6.08 barrel. Then put that all inside your bar. Then try to get your m28 shooting just as well.

(not necessarily in that order) then if you want get a better piston, Sears, and spring. Or the zero trigger. Then get your m28 shooting as well as that. As that is heavily upgraded.

Modded and upgraded are completely different.

9. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Where the heck did I say upgraded dude!!!?? I said modded unless your unable to read! And if all my parts are stock, and doing the same mods with the same ammo.. Thats a good way to compare pal.. and for your info.. I have r hops, just havent put them in my BArs or M28 yet. Havent had time being a big boy and all.. its a shame you wouldnt answer any of the questions I asked..hahahahahahahaha!!

10. TheFallenHero

I didn't answer them as they are irrelevant. You really are testing my patience. I'm not insulting you. I never once called you a name and yet you are attacking me like a fat kid on pie.

Secondly stock really doesn't matter. There's no point in buying a sniper and leaving it stock at most fields a normally upgraded aeg can shoot 100feet. Heck. Stock they can shoot that far. You have 100 feet. One gust of wind and your shot is off. They can probably get 30-40 for your one shot.

And if you have never heard this saying. Sniping is not cheap. It has the biggest buy in before your effective at all. Now feel free to continue with your I am holier then thou posts. What it boils down to is that sniping with a stock gun is pointless. You barely out range aegs.

Also. Why didn't you cut your air brake on your bar?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  11. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    I guess I forgot to mention I cut the airbrake, sheesh! And I was only comparing stock rifles.. I am planning on upgrading with my r hop. I dont need anything else. The first parts to upgrade are from the barrel back correct?? Exactly! So with an r hop, thats all I want to do right now. And just so you know, the Bar10's I have only reach about 132.3 ft using 40's with great accuracy.. My M28 gets 220+ using the same ammo, but also with excelent accuracy. So yeah, the average bolt rifle "not sniper cause we all know a sniper is a person!" So an average stock bolt rifle isnt really much better at range than an aeg, yes we all know that.. its about the hopup bucking and the barrel and the ammo. Not the piston, or the spring guide or the trigger sears etc.. I actually do have an aluminum piston and spring guide with ball barrings in one of my Bar10's right now, this was done after the test of the 3 rifles. I think that since my M28 reaches out as far as it does, that makes it above the average aeg.. I use heavy ammo so I get better accuracy as well. Show me someone who uses 40's in their aeg,lol.. I have to in my M28! I am done responding to your bologna, I have better things to do.. My wife and kids are wanting to eat dinner and then me and my son, are going out to shoot our rifles and giggle at this rediculous arguement,hahaha.. And to end this awesomeness.. My M28 shoots more accurate and further than my 2 bar 10's, like it or dont..

12. TheFallenHero

It doesn't matter whether you like it or I like it. I'm trying to give the OP the best advice possible. While your attacking someone with a differing opinion of your own.

Are you Christian perhaps lol?

13. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    I feel just as attacked as you do man! And why would me being or not being Christian matter?? If you must know, no! I also dont believe in superman or the easter bunny, will me being a believer make my rifle shoot differently? If so, dangit.. I was also giving the guy my opinion and advise on other options in that price range, my opinion is that the M28 is a better rifle. Especially now that pistons are available! If they werent available, I would say no dont get the M28. I have loved mine since day one! Then my piston blew and I was like... Ughhh.. now what? I told people not to get it due to that reason, the pistons suck and you WILL have to replace it too soon. But since there are pistons available now, I suggest the rifle of course cause there is a change in aftermarket options now. If there wasnt an option, then I wouldnt suggest getting the M28.. but, since there is an option, well the M28 can be up and running without as much fear in each shot!

Now, I replied when I said I wouldnt, I am tired of this rediculous arguement over opinions.. I'm done! Say what you wish, I wont bother signing back into this forum again, I dont need the headache I get from you kids!

14. TheFallenHero

The Christian thing was just a joke. A general stereo type is that Christians go believe what I believe or your wrong. Was supposed to be funny.

15. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Cut the crap.

Stop arguing before I get you both. There is no point in arguing since both of you have their own truth. I am not judging who is right or wrong.

Some people have experience with different guns and I personally recommend the UTG L96 or JG Bar 10 because I KNOW what they are capable of with some basic upgrades and modifications. The fact that someone has great experience with a different rifle does not make me anymore wrong or right than that other person.

16. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Your absolutely right, I'm sorry guys..

17. JTFox

JTFox New Member

Andkim,
    I personally would get the JG BAR-10 simply because I like that style better. As a stock gun you may be dissapointed, that goes the same with the UTG L96 or really any sniper rifle you get.
    But upgrading it will make you one happy fellow!
    I put $300 in various upgrade parts into my BAR-10 and it shoots flawlessly. You will hear over and over to upgrade the crap out of your sniper rifle. This is wise.
    The BAR-10 has stock 45 deg sears in it, so you will want a Z-Trigger sooner than later. But the L96 has stock 90 deg sears in it. (im pretty sure)

Mostly i comes down to the style you like the best and making sure it has a good market for upgrades.

18. Dovi-82nd

Dovi-82nd New Member

Lorton
    Heres another thing to take into consideration. There were three sniper rifles at last weeks game. Mine and two others. One of the others (not sure which kind) had great range but no accuracy or consistency. The bar 10 had less range by maybe 30-50 feet but had incredible consistency. In airsoft consistency is best (my personal belief). If you have range the other kid you have to guess the trajectory. If you have consistency then you will have to wait till they are in range. And if your a sniper then you know it's a waiting game. Plus you can upgrade a hop up. It beats the gun breaking

19. Dovi-82nd

Dovi-82nd New Member

Lorton
    I agree with shifty.