Jg cqb-r upgrade help

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by jrp2124, Aug 6, 2012.

1. jrp2124

jrp2124 New Member

M newer to airsoft and I was wondering if I can put a AMP 160 High Performance AEG Spring in my jg cqb-r.

2. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Can we get a link to the spring?

3. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

4. jrp2124

jrp2124 New Member

Where I live we do not have a cqb. And it all wood play.

5. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Then why did you purchase a CQB rifle? I would suggest getting a M120 instead of a M160 and install a longer barrel and a barrel extender which can be a suppresser.

6. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Thanks for the link mockingshot.

No, your AEG cannot deal with that kind of spring stock. To install that, you will have to upgrade many other parts. Unless you are a experienced tech, I highly unadvised that you try that. Even if you don't do CQB, you will still need to practice minimum engagement distances with it.

7. jrp2124

jrp2124 New Member

We had one when I bought the rifle. But the guy sold his property.

And my rifle came with an upgraded spring. It already shoots 430 fps with .20.

8. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I'm guessing you want a huge spring so your gun will have range. Well get a M120 and some .25 bbs and a long barrel, new bucking and maybe rhop or some other hop up mod. This will greatly increase your range.

Edit: since is already shoots near a M120 just skip that and do the rest. The .25bbs should be used for that high FPS.

9. jrp2124

jrp2124 New Member

Okay. Thanks.

One last thing can u give me a link for a silencer? If u have time.

10. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

11. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

OP: Also perfect your compression, it will help a lot.

12. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

If he's going into his gearbox he can do all of that DIY Mods but if he doesn't feel comfortable then a barrel change, and bucking change are all he needs.

13. jrp2124

jrp2124 New Member

It's 12 inches/ 30 cm.

14. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

So its 305mm. Hmm you could go longer than 363.

15. TheAirsoftTech

Everybody needs to learn how, eventually.
    Besides, he needs to re-shim, correct AOE, adjust motor height, and while he's at it, perfect compression.

OP: If you don't feel comfortable, don't open your GB. But I highly recommend that you watch a bunch of YouTube videos on it, and get used to it. It needs to be done eventually.

16. jrp2124

jrp2124 New Member

Okay thanks. I will probably just go with the silencer.

One more thing. I have a red dot on my rifle. But the front iron sits higher than it. Is there something I can buy to sit my red dot higher.

17. TheAirsoftTech

You can buy a riser it does what it's called, it raises your optic to clear it over the front sights.

18. bobdoleisgreat

bobdoleisgreat New Member

Chicago
    Plenty of mock silencers out there. Check out evike.com, I currently have this one:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=35931

It is kinda lengthy, but allows a longer inner barrel, but it is also pretty light and makes a CQB length gun look pretty sick tbh.