JG full metal m4 upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by osawaab, Dec 29, 2012.

1. osawaab

osawaab Active Member Supporting Member

Charlotte and or A galaxy far, far away
    Ok its time to do some accuracy and range upgrades to my M4. First off I want to start with a tight bore barrel. So my first question is which would be better a 6.01 or 6.03. I clean my gun and barrel religiously and I don't use full auto so im kind of leaning towards the 6.01 but tell me what you think. Next question is what brand of barrel should I get, what would be the difference between a madbull and Prometheus barrel besides the price. Next items on the upgrade list is a new hopup and bucking. Everyone says that firefly is the best but would a systema work? Feel free to leave the names of other brands as well, im trying to keep this upgrade under $80.

2. osawaab

Really no one? I really need some.opinions

3. cool4christ

cool4christ New Member

I would suggest the 6.03 barrel. Brand I don't know. But the 6.03 barrels have been recommended most on here. Mainly because they jam less and preform almost as well as a 6.01 without the higher risk of jamming. Cleaning your barrel is great but not all bbs are perfect. You never know when you might get that one bb that ends the game for you. I will let someone with more knowledge recommend a brand of barrel. And help you out with the hopup.

4. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

IDK much about brands but I do use madbulls tbb and have no problems with it. I've heard that Prometheus is better, but having no experience with one, I really can't say.

5. Broadway

Broadway New Member

I suggest 6.03 for an AEG, Madbull and Prometheus will both work, there's little difference, Systema bucking will work.

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The best bucking brand is Lonex IMO. Prommy purples are good, too. Barrel wise, the wider, the better accuracy and consistency will be at range.

Be patient mate. You can't bump until it hasn't been posted in for three days.

That's all a hoax. Your "facts" are all wrong, mate. I'll explain later when I get to a computer.

Eh, Prommy is better than madbull. I don't like madbull because they're really light. That lets it move and vibrate more. That is NOT good.

No, there is a difference.

Prommy:
    -Stainless steel
    -smoother bore
    -Hard to bend
    -Heavier which helps dampen vibration

Madbull:
    -Aluminum
    -lightweight
    -lesser quality bore than Prommy, but still acceptable
    -Easy to bend... Like, really easy.

7. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Well, my inner barrel stays inside my steel outer barrel, so I generally don't worry about it bending, Madbull works fine for me, and I think they're like $15 cheaper.

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yes, that may be the case, but because there is always space inside for the barrel to move, the madbull barrel can bend within that space... Not only that, but you have to have the barrel outside of the gun at some point..

9. Broadway

Broadway New Member

I've had my barrel out 4 or 5 times, once in the field because a BB jammed in the hop-up unit, it should be fine...

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    They usually are, but lots of people are clumsy. Lol.

11. Broadway

Broadway New Member

What I'm saying is, he's gonna save $15 if he buys the Madbull, and if he doesn't step on it, he should be fine...

12. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Archer is right. My main concern is, "How much effect does the barrel really have on a players overall performance?" I don't think the difference between prometheus and madbull will have a major effect on the player's overall performance. Definitely not enough to spend a whole $50 extra on. Unless you're a sniper or maybe a DMR. Correct me if I am wrong please Archer.

13. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Depending on the distances you're playing at the barrel can make a lot of difference. I only play CQB but when I do put a new barrel in my G&P I'll spend the extra money on a prommy. Just like with guns, you get what you pay for.

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    It depends if you want to squeeze out every last bit of range you can get. Madbull is acceptable, like I said.

15. cool4christ

cool4christ New Member

I never said that what I said is a "fact" I said that is what everyone has been recommending. And I will be glad to read your reasoning behind this. I love learning new things so please do explain when you have time.

16. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Get ready for this. They gonna tell you to post nothing but fact.

17. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Believe me, it's going to get ugly :p (just kidding. I'll play nice).

18. osawaab

Yeah im playing in fields/ woods so i need to be able to hit 200 feet + and so im leaning towards prommy.

Edit: so Archer say Lonex bucking, what about a new hop up unit.

19. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Prometheus TBB+ a fine tuned hopup+ m120- should get you that range. If you don't have the experience to fine tune, just throw in the Lonex bucking.

20. osawaab

Yeah its a jg so im sure the stock bucking and hop isnt that great.
    If i get a tight bore barrel and it is to long for the gun, can i just get a mock suppressor, or would i have to cut it?

Edit: what degree bucking do i need i see both 50 and 70 degree.