JG G36 and upgrades

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by samoneal101, Sep 24, 2012.

1. samoneal101

samoneal101 New Member

Very new to this, and have never gotten an airsoft gun before (besides a cheap spring but still). I've been searching around on these forums and on airsoft retailer sites, and have come to the decision to get the JG G36 from evike.com With that being said is that a good idea? If anyone has upgraded them before, please share what you have learned. Also my budget is around 170. But open to any ideas. Thanks

2. g_love

g_love New Member

The JG G36 is a great gun, especially for beginners. I have heard nothing but great things about them. The internals are really good, especially with a little bit of work such as re-grease, re-shim, and correcting AOE. As far as other upgrades go, what are you looking to get out of your gun exactly?

3. samoneal101

samoneal101 New Member

Well I'm planning on becoming a DM (that is if a team will take me in). I had original wanted to be a sniper but the more I read, the more I realize how much cash goes into it. But anyways was hoping to increase accuracy, possibly 390-450 with a good grouping from a far. Any ideas on internals or external parts that would work for that?

4. g_love

g_love New Member

As far as internals go, you would want to do all the things I listed above as well as get a 6.03 mm Prometheus or Madbull barrel, probably get an R-Hop with a madbull blue bucking, get a heavier spring, and with the heavier spring would come more upgrades I don't know very much about. That is all I really know about making a DMR, so I would wait for someone else to chime in before doing anything because I am not particularly knowledgeable.

Edit: After looking around I found a list that that Kmkraft12 posted:

Lonex high torque
    Shs full metal piston
    Lonex gearbox shell
    M150 spring
    Make it semi only
    Go back to bushings
    Metal spring guide
    Promy hop up bucking
    Promy tightbore. At lease looser than 6.03. No 6.01 barrels.
    Maybe a new RIS if you want a more of a DMR look
    JG 32:1 gearset

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012