JG G36c Li-po ready?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Iuseoptics, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Iuseoptics

Iuseoptics New Member

Hey guys, I bought a JG G36c in May of this year and I wanted to know if it is Lipo ready? And also what 9.6v NiMh battery can fit?

2. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    All airsoft guns are "lipo ready" it is just a gimmick to increase sales. Although all guns can use a lipo, the question is how long will the gun last. I do not recommend using any lipo above a 7.4v in a stock gun. 11.1v lipo should really be used in a tuned up AEG that has had a good shimming, corrected AOE and is wired to deans connectors.

3. Nickname

Nickname New Member

Miami
    I bought the jg r36c (not much of a difference) and I Bought the vb 9.6v mini batter and it fits perfectly. I'm not sure about it being lipo ready though.

4. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I'd also say a mosfet would be advisable with an 11.1

5. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Also a MOSFET is recommended if you want to use a 11.4v lipo.

If you don't care about 3 round burst or dont want to pay tons of money. You can make one yourself for under $10

6. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Oh yes that is also recommend. And sorry if I missed anything else, I am personal not a lipo user.

7. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    Correct me if I'm wrong everyone but I thought the JG came with a MOSFET. Albeit not a good MOSFET, you'll do just fine with a 7.4v lipo. You will have to upgrade to better MOSFET in order to not kill your trigger contacts if you use a lipo any higher than 7.4v.

8. Iuseoptics

Iuseoptics New Member

Alright cool thanks. so a 7.4v lipo is good?

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Yes. 7.4v LiPo is good. You can fit a 7.4v 20c 2000 mAh in a G36 handguard and still have room.

10. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    If you don't mind waiting up to a month, hobbyking.com has great prices for lipo batteries.

All of them are under $10, but remember, with lipos you have to charge them with a special charger, so make sure you get that too.

11. Iuseoptics

Iuseoptics New Member

Yeah I have a tenergy smart charger

12. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    You can't charge LiPo's with a smart charger. LiPo's use a balance charger that connects to seperate leads coming off the battery that are configured to charge each cell individually.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  13. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    This.
    Using that charger with a lipo is extremely dangerous, dont do it.

14. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Without a mosfet, as las the gun is tuned right, you can use a 11.1v lipo as long as the discharge rate doesn't exceed 20c rating. I thought otherwise, butrecently met a couple players who been using theirs for about a year and it's fine.

15. Iuseoptics

Iuseoptics New Member

Alright thanks for the info guys! :)

16. MrMango17

MrMango17 New Member

Kent
    If all you're buying is a Lipo, remember to pick/click the USA/Canada warehouse button instead of the global! The shipping is cheaper, and they'll put the lipo in a USPS priority mail box which is 3 day shipping instead of 1 month.

The only problem with the USA/Canada warehouse is that they don't have many products in stock yet.