Jg g36c magwell conversion

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Darklink95, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Darklink95

Darklink95 New Member

I have a bunch of stanag magazines that I want to use for my new g36c. Which mAgwell conversion is the best for the jg g36?

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    When I was doing my g36 build, I chose the battleaxe convertor because it had the best overall reviews.
    I still had to sand down a piece in order for it to feed well though. But it works great.

3. Darklink95

Darklink95 New Member

Does it feed properly?

Did you have to sand a lot?

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Battleaxe is the best.

It feeds great as long as you are running under around 26 BPS. Any faster than that and you get lots of missfeeds.

As far as sanding the inside of the magwell goes, it depends on what brand mags you are using. When I had mine, it didn't like my ICS mags but did great with my D-Boys, A&K, Matrix, and MAG magazines.
    YMMV...

5. Darklink95

Darklink95 New Member

Which piece did you have to sand down?

6. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    It was about 1 mm off the inside of the feeding lip. No big deal at all. And like sparky says, it depends a lot on your mags.

7. ThePopeIntern

ThePopeIntern Member

Las Cruces
    Hey I've been wondering this too I run the same gun but I'm highly considering getting the conversion kit but I've been having a hard time finding them do u where I could find any

8. Darklink95

Darklink95 New Member

9. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Yes, it is a good SITE to order from, some cheap stuff but I'd still take Evike or AsGi over it

10. Darklink95

Darklink95 New Member

The magwell convertor isn't fitting in my g36. What now?

11. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    How is it not fitting?

12. Darklink95

Darklink95 New Member

It's like halfway in, I'm trying to push it but its not moving.

13. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Take a picture, i have a stanag magwell on my g36c as well. Plastic mid-caps feed and fit the best.

Attached Files:

14. AcidReaper

AcidReaper Member

Ames
    You have a newer version of the G36 - this means you need to modify the magwell converter by cutting off the nozzle sticking out of the converter. If you need more info just google it - there are many threads on the topic

15. Darklink95

Darklink95 New Member

How much do I have to sand off?

16. AcidReaper

AcidReaper Member

Ames
    i would start small and thenkeep trying - usually its the entire thing but you can never be too sure - its a guess and check process (similar to r-hopping if you have ever done that)

17. ThePopeIntern

ThePopeIntern Member

Las Cruces
    I know this off topic but what is rhopping? I keep hearing about that.

18. AcidReaper

AcidReaper Member

Ames
    its a type of hop up that is made specifically for your gun - you only need to set it once though which is why people love it. the material is so dense that it does not wear down nearly as fast as normal hops and the shot stays consistant.

More info can be found at the retailer/inventor here: https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/