jg JG M16 DMR vs echo 1 m16a1

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by motoracer36, Dec 27, 2012.

1. motoracer36

motoracer36 New Member

Louisville
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Please post links to the exact guns you're referring to. It will limit any confusion and ensure we're all referring to the same gun(s) in question.

Typically I'd say if you were going to upgrade within 6 months of owning a gun, you simply do not want Echo. Echo guns are for the most part made to play out the box. The extra money you're putting into Echo are for simple longevity upgrades and an "extended warranty". If you're planning on upgrading, the things Echo does are for the most part useless for you. Now I'm speaking generally because I know of a couple Echo M16 platformed weapons, and I'm not entirely sure which you're referring to, as well as JG has a few M16 weapons on the market also, On top of the fact that many distributers tend to re-name some of the guns a bit

3. motoracer36

motoracer36 New Member

Louisville
    Thanks for the info. I am new to the forums and i am still trying to figure it out.

4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

In basics, they maybe the same.

5. UrdnotWrex

UrdnotWrex Member

Gettysburg, PA
    Get the JG, upgrade from there-simple as that.

6. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Hmmm. I've had a LOT of experience with Echo 1's. Good stuff, but I think on this one...you might be better off on the JG. Depends on how intent you are on DMRing it. If you ARE going to, JG. If you're kinda wishy washy, Echo 1.

7. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Echo 1 and JG are one in the same. Those guns that your referring to are almost identical. Typically Echo 1 will take a JG gun then add in a new gear set or something on the inside. Then resell it as an echo 1 gun.

In this case since your DMRing the gun go with the JG all internals that are currently in the guns you will replace anyways. So i would say go with the JG.

Just a question though. Do you have to have an m16? Just curious as a bull pup like a JG aug or the S&T Tavor would save you on some length while still having a long inner barrel. And keeping you in that same area for how much it will cost for the base gun.

8. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    [QUOTE="TheFallenHero"
    Just a question though. Do you have to have an m16? Just curious as a bull pup like a JG aug or the S&T Tavor would save you on some length while still having a long inner barrel. And keeping you in that same area for how much it will cost for the base gun.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but, it's difficult to like a DMR made from a bull-pup design. I'm not debating whether they work as well or not, because they can. I'm just saying, IMO they aren't as cool. What do you think?