JG M16 bbs rolling out barrel, sometimes 2 at a time

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ozzman1997, Nov 24, 2012.

1. ozzman1997

ozzman1997 New Member

Bartonville
    Okay so here's a brief outline of what's been happening to my gun:

-got a new gearbox because old one broke
    -had feeding problems an thought the air nozzle wasn't coming back far enough, so I sanded it down just a hair(bad idea I know)
    -bbs start just rolling out the barrel with no for ce at all
    -I replaced the air nozzle and the same thing happens

What is wrong? The only other possible culprit is the hop up. And looking closer min appears lopsided where the bb gets fed in. Is it supposed to be like that? One side of the hop up chamber is thinner than the other so it doesn't look quite right. Any ideas?

2. jimfc3

jimfc3 New Member

evergreen park
    sounds like you need to replace the bucking and your hop up is turned off !?

3. ozzman1997

ozzman1997 New Member

Bartonville
    I took the hop up apart and checked the bucking, it's not damaged. Then I put it all back together and the problem persists. :confused:

4. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Has this problem been with you since you got the gun or since you got the new gearbox?

5. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    You might want to check your tappet plate.

6. ozzman1997

ozzman1997 New Member

Bartonville
    It had a feeding problem since I got the new GB, but only when I cleaned up the front of the air nozzle with a file. The nozzle opening was chewed-up looking when I got it, but it shot just fine. I don't see how buzzing off some rough plastic edges could mess it up like that. But now it's doing the same thing with a brand-new air nozzle. :( This is weird.

7. ozzman1997

ozzman1997 New Member

Bartonville
    *My mistake, it had feeding problems BEFORE I cleaned up the nozzle. Then it fed just fine but that's when the bbs started falling out the barrel with no force whatsoever. Even with a new nozzle after I replaced it.

8. Sniper6299

Sniper6299 New Member

You might want to check for jams in the gears. The same thing happens to me. Turns out there were some BBs jammed in the gears.

9. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    How did you get BBs in the gears?! o_O

Also to the op check your Hop-up, see if it is all the way up, if so that may be your only problem.

10. ozzman1997

ozzman1997 New Member

Bartonville
    Hop up is all the way down, all the way up it makes no difference. There aren't any bbs jammed in the gears (I don't know if you meant the gearbox gears or the hopup gears, but neither one has bbs jammed in it. The hop up looks fine to me, but maybe it's not holding a good seal. I'm upgrading to a metal body and 1-piece metal hop up so maybe that will fix this issue.

11. jimfc3

jimfc3 New Member

evergreen park
    bb's should never be able to roll out of the barrel with the hop up even mildly on..if it does its not working

12. jimfc3

jimfc3 New Member

evergreen park
    I was just thinking about this.. Are you shooting the gun and the bb's are comming out of the barrel and just dropping? If you are thats a major compression problem and not just the nozzel.

13. ozzman1997

ozzman1997 New Member

Bartonville
    So what would be the problem? Would getting a Madbull metal body with the UltimatE hop up system fix this problem? I was going to upgrade to a metal body anyway so that's not too big of an issue. It's just that the hop up looks just fine! I took it apart and there's NOTHING wrong with it! I have the "nub" installed properly to where I can SEE the unit working, but it just won't launch a darn BB! This is so frustrating! Anyway the gearbox is fine, if anyone was going to suggest a pressure problem. I put my hand in front of the nozzle and fired and the air almost hurt my palm. So the gearbox is perfectly fine. ONE OTHER THING I FORGOT TO MENTION: When I got the new gearbox, you know that little pin that goes right in the middle of the lower receiver and holds the GB in place? Well, it wouldn't fit in if I had the rear body-lock pin in. And if the little pin was in, the body lock pin wouldn't go in. They don't align properly but I don't know if that has anything to do with it? Remember, it shot perfectly fine after I installed the upgraded GB but that's when it had the feeding problem. It would dry-fire about 2 times then 2 or 3 bbs would shoot out and then a full-force shot would come out. But it fired normally when the mag spring tension went down, then started misfeeding again when the tension got too low. (Posting all these problems on forums is wearing me out.) :eek: Thanks for all the replies but I still can't target my issue.

14. DavidGascon

DavidGascon New Member

Gears wouldn't effect this, air nozzle, wouldn't effect this. The part that allows bb's to feed into your hop up bucking is the taplet plate.
    If your gun is just spitting out bb's (like the entire magazine just rolls out the front) then it's the taplet plate.

I can't think of the parts name, but if when you pull the trigger (semi) only 1 bb comes out the barrel it's something in your hop up. There's a part that puts pressure on the bb's so they don't just roll out the barrel.

15. milkshake38

milkshake38 New Member

irvine
    Push back on your air nozzle and see if it moves back and forth with the spring. If you push it in and it doesn't pop forward, that means the spring is broken.
    Since you got a new gear box, make sure everything lines up correctly. If none of these are the problem, you will have to go deeper into the gearbox. I'll help you with that