JG M16 DMR Project Ideas

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by BCB_Airsoft, Sep 15, 2012.

1. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    I recently bought a JG M16 Enhanced. So far, I put in a 6.01 tbb and thats about it. Im a little new into getting into the gearbox and all, so what would you guys reccomend doing for my DMR project? Im also looking for an RIS that would fit my aeg. I tried some RIS's from other airsofters at my local field, but none of them did. If anybody could reccomend an RIS too, that would help.

Attached Files:

2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

First, ditch the 6.01 and get a 6.03.
    Secondly, I would love to help but you need to tell us your budget and goals

3. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    @GreenListerine I'd say my budget is $130 exact.

4. GreenListerine

And goals? Like fps and range?

5. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    FPS is fine for now, range could be a little better though.

6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    New bucking if I get one in the next few days I'll send you a PM, like above said 6.03 barrel would do well, basic DIY mods regrease reshim, etc.

7. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    Ok thanks, sounds good.

8. GreenListerine

If the fps is fine, all you need to do is worry about basic DIY mods in the gearbox and hop up unit.
    -prommy 6.03, r-hop, m-nub and systema bucking will be great
    -madbull 6.03, flat hop, scs nub, madbull blue or G&G green buckings is a good substitute

9. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    Oh I forgot to mention I got a G&G green bucking. Im not exactly sure how to re-shim gears yet, i just started modding my aeg's a little over two days ago.

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Modding or upgrading?
    They are two different things if you want to get specific.

Shimming, use the shimming guide :p

Use ER-hop, not R-hop, this is a DMR.

11. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    It's not imperative that you get a 6.03mm barrel. You've only got $130, spend the money elsewhere for now. It's about barrel quality, not bore.

As for more range, an r-hop or ER hop is a great investment, especially an ER-hop for a DMR.

Consider getting a different battery, a large 7.4v would be a good power source for this project. If you're good with a soldering iron, deans on the battery and gun would also be good to go. As others have said, Shimming and AoE are some of the most important things you can do to a gun. And in DMRs, it is great to have very good compression. While you have the gearbox open, you should check that out as well. You'll probably need a new air nozzle, JG's don't have o-rings in them.

12. BCB_Airsoft

BCB_Airsoft New Member

Vacaville/Fairfield
    @Star_folder Im currently running a 9.6 1600mAh. Starting on my first shim job and I might buy a one piece hop up. What air nozzle do you reccomend? Thanks by the way.

13. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Lonex makes some good nozzles.

As for hop up chambers, I'm fairly sure that you have a two piece ho up chamber. If that's the case, I actually suggest against getting the 1 piece chamber unless you get a metal body kit for the gun. Fitting a 1 piece chamber into a gun that uses the tabs closing system is very, very difficult, and runs a high risk of breaking your cylinder head or air nozzle.

Yeah, a 7.4v would be good for you. That battery is fairly small and might not last you very long out on the field.

14. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Have a look at my M16A3 DMR thread.