JG M16 Enhanced Range

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by IrishJibber, Sep 18, 2012.

1. IrishJibber

IrishJibber New Member

What is the max range for a stock JG M16 Enhanced? Can I trust airsplat's range specifications? It says the range is 150 feet and the ICS range is 200 feet. Is this normal for an ICS sport-line to outrange a JG despite the higher fps?

2. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Just because the JG has higher fps doesn’t mean it’s going to shoot farther. I’m not sure if an ICS will make 200 feet stock, but I know a JG will make 150. That’s about the limit though…..155-160 on a great day.

Hope that helps. :)

3. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

Hm I've gotten stock JGs to get 200 feet, though after some tuning. Also, an ICS may be a better choice if you don't know how to tech very well, due to it coming well shimmed, greased, etc. The JG comes with strong parts, but may not be put together the best.

4. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

I've been on airsoft forums for a long time, so I've seen this argument come up about 100 times. I believe that the resolution to this ongoing argument is that the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Think about a Nerf gun and how far it shoots. A Nerf gun is basically an airsoft springer that shoots foam darts. So doesn't it have to have a lower powered spring to shoot at such a low velocity and range?

But then we take a look at the Tokyo Marui airsoft guns. They're well ranged but have a low FPS (in airsoft terms).

On Topic: I would choose the ICS over the JG, unless you really want the JG. I'm thinking it may have more range potential. Regardless of FPS.

5. IrishJibber

IrishJibber New Member

So for the extra money you get a gun with potentially longer range than JG. How about accuracy?

6. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

ICS (if that's what you were talking about) has pretty decent stock accuracy. I think it outperforms JG in that aspect.

7. Axis

...What about it? I don't see ICS having a larger diameter barrel than a JG if that's what you're saying.

8. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Accuracy doesn't have much that much to do with the inner barrel diameter compared to the quality of the barrel and the hopup.

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    first get it chrono'd. second, replace the bucking with a better one. and third, seal all the air leaks. use .25g and you should hit a man target with full auto at 200 feet. for reliability, tune it up (AOE correction, mosfet, 16awg, deans, re-shim, re-lube).

10. Axis

Er, how? I see hop up being a factor. Barrel quality can be maintained by simply keeping the barrel clean. ICS nor JG have bad barrels from what I personally know.

Back on the diameter... Let's say I had a 6.08mm barrel compared to a 6.04. Which is going to be more accurate?

It doesn't matter how little of a difference it makes, my point is that it still does make a difference.

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

It makes a difference but at longer ranges wider can be better. But seriously a 6.04 madbull barrel will be easily out shot by a 6.04 prommy given everything else is the same.

12. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    these are full auto AEG's, not bolt action or DMR's. you want some spread to hit moving targets or full burst while moving forward.

if you want to build a DMR, then you will want the least amount of shots to hit your target. there are already threads on building DMR's.

13. Axis

I think I was misunderstood (which is understandable given I didn't include the following information earlier). I was referring to the stock inner barrels JG and ICS have and not barrels in general. I know different inner barrels are of different quality.

In reference to your first sentence - we were talking about overall accuracy, not what will provide the best results, right?

I was talking about Phillies' earlier statement (below). I understand all of what you said above.

14. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    The term "barrel quality" refers to how "nice" of a barrel you buy. For example, a 2012 lamborghini is higher quality than a 1994 oldsmobile. Now, you can spread trash and food in the interior of the lambo but keep the oldsmobile clean, but the QUALITY he was referring to is different.

Read Alex’s posts, he’s right on the money here. Also, Axis, just to clear up the FPS thing, certain cheap companies (Like WG, for example) make really high fps guns for marketing purposes, because most people think that one of their pistols, shooting at 550 fps, will go twice as far as a 290 fps TM. This is false. The TM just has a higher quality of parts, better quality control, beautiful hopups, etc.

HOWEVER. If I had two guns that were identical in every way except for their springs, the one with a higher fps would go a bit farther. This is a very confusing topic…

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  15. Axis

When I talked about barrel quality I meant between the JG and ICS. I explained this in my last post if you saw it.

Yeah, I really don't know. I understand both sides of the whole FPS argument. I don't think it matters in the end. People just need to get what they want without making an argument about FPS. After all, if you're buying from a good brand you'll know it'll be a good product regardless of FPS.

It's confusing to me, too. :/

16. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    I find that TM guns are over-hyped. They do not perform nearly as well as people claim they do, in my experience.

17. Axis

My Biohazard M9's performance was exceptional, but the body was awful. The grip creaked, the right part of the ambidextrous safety fell off, and the slide wiggled a bit. I regret choosing it over a KWA PTP. At least I can sell it for the price of one of those. :D

18. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    I have been able to hit somebody with my JG M16 from 220 feet away before, with .25s. I was using a 4x scope and I just walked it in by adjusting to where I saw the bbs hitting, and I did have to aim up a little. But you can reach out to about 180 feet without much trouble, if you have your hop-up set right.