JG M16A2 or ECHO 1 M4 Genesis

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Badass8epic, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Badass8epic

Badass8epic New Member

Cincinnati
    I am starting to get into the sport of airsoft just by watching videos and now I want to buy my first airsoft gun. I first heard someone saying that the ECHO 1 M4 genesis was a good low priced starting gun to see if you would enjoy the sport and it seemed like a good buy but now on airsplat.com I have came across a M16A2 that cost $150 but you can shave off 50% due to a sale they are having. So I want to know what you guys think I should get. The M4 Genesis cost about $145 after shipping. The M16A2 cost about $90 after shipping. I wouldn't mind either or it is just what would be the better for a started and if the M16A2 would be better or worse than the M4 Genesis. Thanks for helping!
    Links to the guns:
    http://www.airsplat.com/jg-m16-airsoft-electric-gun-rifle-6607.html -M16A2
    http://echo1usa.com/x/guns/genesis-by-echo1/genesis-m4-carbine/ -M4 Carbine

-Badass8epic

2. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    Either of these would be good, I think. The JG may shoot a bit farther than the Echo 1 due to the (slightly longer?) barrel.
    Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    On a note: Echo 1 is usually rebranded JG.

3. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    The Echo 1 will perform slightly better, but there will almost be no difference. The only difference there usually is (from my experiences) are that Echo 1 guns have a reinforced gearbox shell, different bushings, an upgraded piston or piston head (can't recall which), and a 90 day warranty which really comes in handy sometimes. Other than that the gun will pretty much be JG quality.

Like I said those are my experiences with Echo 1 so everything I mentioned may not be in EVERY gun they sell. Basically one brand will perform about as good as the other.