jg m4 s-system 2010-2012

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by midvalleyairsoft, Nov 6, 2012.

1. midvalleyairsoft

midvalleyairsoft New Member

I am wondering is this realy a good gun like most people say? I have been thinking about buying this gun but im not sure yet. is it accurate?

2. paulinater

paulinater New Member

I hear you. I 've been wondering the same things. One thing in particular is about the range. There are lots of shooting vids but they don't say from where.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Not sure how true this is, but from what I've read they're using a different set of gears that are better, and a few other simple things. Nothing over the top, just slight "upgrades"

4. midvalleyairsoft

Oh ok thank you. do you think they are accurate and what year model shold i buy?

5. SonicDeathMonkey

SonicDeathMonkey New Member

Woodbury Heights
    It's about as accurate as you'd expect a good, sub $200 AEG to be out of the box. I have one, it's more accurate than the Cybergun Colt M4 CQB that I also have, but it's not DMR accurate. Still, I like mine a lot.

6. midvalleyairsoft

Ohh can you tell me more about it? what year is it? Is there any cheap dmrs ? 400fps less than 200$

7. SonicDeathMonkey

SonicDeathMonkey New Member

Woodbury Heights
    Well, I'm no airsoft expert, but from I understand a DMR is really something you make. It's a combination of increased velocity, increased range, and increased accuracy sprinkled with a bunch of cool externals.

I suppose you could DMR-ize an M4, and the S-System would be a good candidate since it has good rail space for optics, bipods, etc. I would think you would want to get a longer tight bore barrel and a silencer/barrel extension to accommodate the longer barrel. An upgraded hopup and bucking would also do a ton of good. I'm not sure how changing the barrel length will affect or interact with the stock cylinder, but that might be something you'd have to look into as well.

Someone here can definitely answer this better than I can. But I would assume that could sorta make a half way decent DMR out of this AEG. I would think that going with a JG M16 might be a better fit just because of stock barrel length. I was thinking of getting this as my DMR platform to build on:
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3629

Anyway, I would think the S-System is like any other AEG in this range. It's ok out of the box, but it'll need some upgrades to make it particularly good at any specialized roll.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  8. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    A DMR is something you build.

9. midvalleyairsoft

Thanks and yeah i have plans to buy it and upgrade it..even thou its not a sexy gun i just need money to do the upgrades

10. Stephengrem

Stephengrem New Member

San jose
    I have one and it's great. It's reliable and mine is full metal ( I've broken a few plastic body guns with a dive or bumping something I'm taking cover behind)
    But the range does suck. I'm going to try some good bucking and a new hop up. I'll let you know how it goes if you want?
    It's a great first gun or back up or cqb gun. You'll never have a major problem with it as long as you don't abuse it too bad.

11. midvalleyairsoft

Oh yes thankyou, and yes thats what im planning to do when i get mine