JG M4 S-System Enhanced Version Questions

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by A7Xairsoft, Aug 9, 2009.

1. A7Xairsoft

A7Xairsoft New Member

I am highly considering getting this gun. It looks awesome, I only have a few questions.
    Does it really shoot 400+ FPS?
    and most of all...
    Is the rate of fire fast? Because it looks kinda average in some youtube videos

2. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    The new JG enhanced line of AEG's are very good,,their AUG A3 is epic and a lot of time has to be downgraded for field use,so the 400+fps stated for the S system is a given,,this would more than likely cause the low ROF,,simply cured with the addition of a better quality higher voltage battery.

3. mollylover45

mollylover45 New Member

Manhattan
    I had the JG M4A1 enhanced version (same thing except for the rails) and when i got it i cronoed it and it shot at a range from 397 to 465 at the highest. But after about 2 months with it is settled at about 404 fps. The rate of fire with the stock 8.4v battery isn't all that great cause the battery sucks, but i got a 9.6v 2000mah intellect nun-chuck style battery and i got 17 bbs per second. I also added a low resistence wiring kit, and that gave me one more bb per second.

Great gun to build off of. So yes it does shoot that fast and second get a 9.6v battery and it is a nice gun.

Warning!!!!! since the gun comes with a 8.4v, a 9.6v will eliminate the warranty and since it is a higher volt it may wear your gearbox faster, but mine gun has done just fine with it.

4. A7Xairsoft

A7Xairsoft New Member

Ok
    Does anyone know of a higher rate of fire alternative? And how would using a 9.6v void the warranty if theres no way of the company knowing?
    Also, would i even have to worry about a JG gearbox wearing? isnt it high enough quality to withstand a 9.6 for a long time?

5. A7Xairsoft

A7Xairsoft New Member

I also just found out that a 9.6 doesnt fit in the s-system unless you buy an adapter

6. hairyman

Dublin
    From what ive read about the JG S system is that its a pain to get an 8.4v never mind 9.6v battery in to the handgaurd,,its that tight.

This leaves you with one of three choices,

1 - lengthen the wires from the handgaurd to accommodate a PEQ box,,ugly.

2 - Re-wire it to a crane or full stock conversion,,,what id do.

3 - Use a 7.4v Lipo battery,,,consult Mr Sparky D on this one,,but they are claimed to give the same performance as a good 8.4 - 9.6v,,like this one.
    Evike.com - Battery | Evike.com - LiPoly Batteries | Evike.com - RA-Tech Type 7.4V 20A 2000mAh Li-Poly Battery Pack (Small Type) (105mm x 32mm) |

As for the JG enhanced V2 mechbox,,,,it could handle a 9.6v every day of the week in my opinion.

7. KWAGUY

KWAGUY New Member

This rifle, at our local store, was hitting 435 on the chrono. For the money, it's well worth it. The only drawback is, small battery compatment. I have a KWA S-system that i had wired to the rear with a crane stock, now i'm running a 9.6v 4200mah battery. The rof is sick!

8. A7Xairsoft

A7Xairsoft New Member

9. Slayer

Slayer New Member

If i had the money, i would buy one.

10. A7Xairsoft

A7Xairsoft New Member

would that be for the stag or s system?

11. hairyman

Dublin
  12. airgrunt

airgrunt New Member

hey guys,

i just bought a 2008 jg m4-s enhanced version, and it took me a lot of trouble to get the hand guard modded to fit a 9.6v small type battery in but it is done. Who else has this in their gun? because from what i can see, it seems like performance of the gun lowers with the stronger battery, maybe the spring can't keep up with the speed? I've had a few misfires even where the bb just spits out of the gun, compared to the 8.4 volt the power seems a great deal less with the 9.6v. Anyone else?

13. jennings

jennings New Member

i own the jg m4a1 exactly the same gu without rail the intellect 9.6v battery will fit in my gun and i get about 430fps with a great ROF

14. hairyman

Dublin
    Check your hop up,,this could be causing the bb jam and low FPS.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  15. airgrunt

airgrunt New Member

hop up is fine. after about 600 test rounds, i thought it was time to lower the current from the battery, so I installed a diode on the circuit connector on the battery which will reduce the output to about 9.0 to 9.3, i hope this works. I'lll keep you guys updated.

16. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood New Member

Inverness
    Shouldn't need any lengthening unless they are really short wires. I personally like my PEQ 2. It can fit two small batteries. It has the right fitting & clear lenses infront of the 2 laser fittings so you can use a Laser (or 2) in it as well so it's not just a battery box.

17. airgrunt

airgrunt New Member

i just did some preliminary tests with the gun after the diode installation on the circuit. The performance is significantly better than before with the 9.6. You guys have to remember that the motor is only rated for a certain speed, if it speeds up the gearbox you will lose compression in the system, wearing out your gears, spring, and motor. In my opinion 9.6v is too much for this gun.

18. SgT_ScReWb

SgT_ScReWb New Member

So what are you saying hairyman, is that a 7.4v battery does the same if not better FOR as a 9.6?
    I also wanna ask how much of a SOB it would be to instal a new TBB and a barrel extension to make the gun more accurate at greater distances?

19. mfitz73

mfitz73 New Member

I have this gun and have absolutly no problem putting the battery in. Im mean, really for the life of me I dont understand what the problem is with getting the battery in.
    It takes me like 3 seconds to put it in.

20. hairyman

Dublin
    It does indeed,a 7.4v LiPo will give it a healthy ROF and good trigger response,,as for the inner barrel and mock silencer,,its a piece of cake,,im on the way out at the mo,but il be back in later,,il explain then mate.