JG m4 s-system Upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by crazyrooster, Nov 26, 2012.

1. crazyrooster

crazyrooster New Member

-Would A MadBull Ver. 2 Precision Inner Barrel Fit into A JG m4 S-System (Enhn Vers)
    -Can the stock motor of the s-system handle the 9.6v Battery?
    -is the barrel the most important factor in range and accuracy?
    -If I upgrade the spring for higher FPS would I need to upgrade the piston set as well? (spring = FPS right?):confused::confused:
    Thanks

2. jimfc3

jimfc3 New Member

evergreen park
    YES 363 MM great barrel for the price, put a Systema bucking on with that barrel.
    YES its actually a good motor, it should be the JG blue in the enh ver
    NO a consistant FPS with a good barrel = accuracy, stock jg internals will be ok till you can afford to upgrade
    NO stock piston is ok up to a M120 spring but while your in there it can use a shim job and a AOE (angle of engagement)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012

3. jimfc3

jimfc3 New Member

evergreen park
    I'd add a cheap mosfet with some deans too while your at it and you will love it.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The madbull barrel will be okay, it just has to be stabilized more due to its build material. Aluminum is lighter making it easier to vibrate.

Systema buckings are good, but they are really loose around the barrels. Lonex buckings are great and seal very well.

A good bucking (flat hopped or r/ER hopped) that is properly tuned along with no parts of your barrel group moving is what contributes to accuracy. The hoo up arm should have no side to side play, the barrel should be tight inside the outer barrel, and the barrel/hop up should be centered correctly. A barrel with a high quality bore, little fps variation, and high quality bbs are what contribute to fps.

Stock JG cream pistons can handle m150s if AOE and shimming is perfect. I don't know if a beginner would be able to achieve this, though. It's not a bad idea to upgrade it, though. Spring rate plus compression and a few other factors affect FPS.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  5. crazyrooster

crazyrooster New Member

So lonex buckings? where can I get those at and there are like percents next to different buckings, what do those mean and which one should I specifically be getting? Should I get a heavier barrel, will the vibration be a big problem? If so what type of barrel should I get. I was looking at 6.01 mm but is cleaning it with lub after every game the only thing to do to prevent jamming?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The numbers are the hardness of the rubber used. The harder the rubber, the longer it will last. The 70 is best used in high FPS builds (400FPS and up). The 50 is best used in low fps builds. Check overseas or on clandestineairsoft.com.

7. crazyrooster

crazyrooster New Member

Okay Thanks, so I heard that some 6.03's are more accurate than 6.01 due to the barrel quality. What tbb should I go for? for example the Prometheus tbb 6.03