JG M4 s-system

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by airsofTiNtake41, Jul 30, 2012.

1. airsofTiNtake41

airsofTiNtake41 New Member

What do you guys feel about this gun?

2. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    very heavy and sturdy AEG. like all AEG's, they require tuning. we have one. shoots too hot for cqb, but works great for woodland. unfortunately, it's a bit too heavy for me so i'm converting it to a stubby.

3. airsofTiNtake41

How much does it way? Also how much does it cost to covert it?

4. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Depends if you buy front end kit, or do it yourself. You'd need a new inner barrel, a new outer barrel, and new hand guards or RIS. A kit could range from $60 up to $200, depending on brand and retailer.

5. airsofTiNtake41

Ok, about how much do u think it weighs the way it is?

6. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

Are you looking at the full metal or plastic version.

7. airsofTiNtake41

I'm looking at the full metal gearbox

8. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Look on the website that you want to buy it from and it will tell you the weight.

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    all JG's have metal gearboxes. the more expensive ones have metal upper and lower receivers. i can't tell you the exact weight, but s-system ris makes them heavier than standard jg m4's. to convert them to stubby, you will need to replace the upper receiver because after removing the s-system ris, there is no picatinny under neath it. it's just an open hole. i already have spare uppers to replace it with.

10. joshkizz

joshkizz New Member

Winneconne
    I have the full metal upper/lower receiver version, and I absolutely love it. It is a little heavy for the younger players but I am 14 and I can handle it fine for a 4 hr battle. And the full metal receiver version of Airsplat has a MOSFET preinstaled, And it shoots pretty fast right out of the box.

11. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I doubt it has a mosfet....and Op it shouldn't weigh more than 8 pounds with a full mag and battery.

12. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

No JG sells those ,but they are some what crappy MOSFETS at that.

13. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I'm just on a roll for being wrong tonight! Time for me to go to sleep before I spew more misinformation and change my name to arkansas lol. (Miss him though).