JG M4 upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Pr0phet, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Pr0phet

Pr0phet New Member

Annapolis
    Hello all,

I was recently looking into upgrading my stock JG M4,
    I have already ordered a new hop-up and 6.03 TBB.
    The parts I am looking at next are a high speed motor, and a high speed gear set.
    The motor is this one
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=29145
    And the gears are this set
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32916

I am basically asking if this is what you all would reccomend, and if not, could you reccomend other parts.

Also, if anyone knows how to make a gun quieter, that would be great!
    Thank you in advance,

Deus Vult Comrades

-Pr0phet

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    You don't want to use the combination of high speed motor AND gear set.
    It's a really inefficient combination.
    If you do that, your motor will over heat a lot faster.

If your JG has the M42 motor, grab a set of 13:1 gear set and done.

3. Pr0phet

Pr0phet New Member

Annapolis
    I am also looking to increase trigger response (some fields I play at are semi-only) as well as ROF for fields,
    To that end, could I use a Matrix Magnum High torque motor (to increase trigger response) and a high speed gear set?

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Don't use that overpriced Matrix junk. If your gun has the JG motor mentioned by EDI1st, then that will get the job done very well, if not, go for a Lonex A1 or A2 in combination with a set of SHS or Lonex high speed gears. That's if you're aiming for like 40 rps, you can easily achieve 30rps with a Lonex A1 and a high discharge 11.1v li-po. Not the crap they sell in airsoft stores, buy a good li-po from hobbyking.com.

I have the Lonex A2 in my AUG, pulling an M120 spring through standard ratio gears, it's pretty silent, have tons of torque and is very efficient, it also has decent speed. I'm getting 28rps with an 11.1v li-po, with 13:1 gears I would get nearly 40rps, just to give you an example. If you want even higher ROF the SHS high torque will go past 40 rps with 13:1 gears, probably close to 50. This will require a well tuned gearbox and a properly upgraded wiring with a mosfet and such. I will recommend pretty much anything that is made by SHS or Lonex, they make high quality parts that won't empty your wallet.

5. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Check your motor first.....
    If you want good trigger response...you use high torque motor and high speed gear set....
    It'll also increase your RoF.

The SHS gear set is good in general, the newer batch has some issues with the bevel, but you can just use your current stock on to replace it.

6. Pr0phet

Pr0phet New Member

Annapolis
    Alright!
    Thanks for your help guys!