Jg m4.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by m4likeabomb, Jul 30, 2012.

1. m4likeabomb

m4likeabomb New Member

How should I clean my jg m4 s system and what upgrades should I get?

2. ReaperxActual

ReaperxActual New Member

Valencia
    To clean your gun just take the cleaning rod and then end with a hole in it put a very small piece of cloth or paper towel or something and then spray it with silicone oil and put it down the barrel and do that weekly and every couple months grease the inside of your gearbox. For upgrades it depends on what you are looking for range, power, or distance?

3. m4likeabomb

m4likeabomb New Member

Looking for less power and more accuracy. Would help if it weighed less too.

4. ReaperxActual

ReaperxActual New Member

Valencia
    well for more range and accuracy a tight bore barrel should help you there and if you want a lot more range and accuracy you could get a mock suppresser and get a tight bore barrel that goes all the way through the suppresser kind of like a barrel extension.

5. m4likeabomb

m4likeabomb New Member

Would I have to remove the orange tip?

6. ReaperxActual

ReaperxActual New Member

Valencia
    Yes and when you put the suppresser on there will be no orange tip but you can paint one on or if you have a service like evike or hobby tron do it the will ask you if you want an orange tip or not

7. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    More range and accuracy would involve the hop up, not so much the barrel.

8. ReaperxActual

ReaperxActual New Member

Valencia
    That is very true thank you for adding that I would have forgotten

9. m4likeabomb

m4likeabomb New Member

What would work better for better groupings?

10. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    To clean your barrel invokes removing the barrel from the gun and then removing the hop-up from the barrel. Otherwise you're just shoving crap into the hop-up.

If you want more range and accuracy, get a Systema bucking and follow Tackett's hop-up tuning guide. Or you can try Rhop, but I don't think you're ready. Get a prommy 6.03 TBB and do some compression mods. Stabilize your barrel and you should be good. Less power meaning less FPS? Get a lower power spring. What FPS do you want?

11. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    I think that cleaning your barrel and tuning your hop up would do the job. Check out Tackett's guide to fine tuning a hop up

Sniped by that guy

12. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    This. If you can't afford the prommy, the madbull is a good option at about $50 less...

13. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Please, please, please, do not talk about things you have no idea about. Unless the gun is heavily upgraded, a longer barrel will not do squat.

OP, if you want better range, get a better hop-up. Either a better hop up bucking or a new hop-up chamber.