JG MK36K hopup

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Potation, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Potation

Potation New Member

Fremont
    What hopup units are compatible with this gun? I'm trying to upgrade so I want to know if a hopup will actually work on the gun. Thanks for the help guys!

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Any TM style hop up for a G36 will work. The only difference between the "C" and "K" models is the length.

3. philsaudio

philsaudio New Member

Atlanta GA USA
    You need to research the two types of G36 hop-ups. The SRC one has no key on the nozzle and the mag feed tube on the hop up and the TM has a key on the nozzle and the feed tube on the mag receiver.

Peace

4. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    No, he doesn't.

The JG is a TM clone.

He needs a TM compatible one.

5. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Aren't pretty much all G36s TM compatible?

6. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    No. Actually, there are 3 hop up units. I believe CA also has a proprietary one.

7. Rifled-n-Ready

Rifled-n-Ready New Member

Duluth
    Well if he got his gun from EVIKE more then likely its the src style one, also why are you replacing it?

8. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    He states in the title of the thread that it's a JG...
    He didn't say where he got it...

9. Rifled-n-Ready

Duluth
    The reason i say that is that "IF" he got it from Evike it could be a non JG as they advertise the AEG brand G36's as JG, the only difference being the hop-up and the magwell. In other words if he got it from evike he has some checking to do...

10. Potation

Potation New Member

Fremont
    I ordered it from AirsoftGI; I'm upgrading it since there are much better hop ups than the stock one.

11. Rifled-n-Ready

Duluth
    Ok, JG it is then, the stock hop up unit isnt the problem, its the lack of tuning and the stock bucking that is the issue. Get a systema bucking and follow tacket's tuning guide, and maybe even flathop it if you feel up to it.

12. philsaudio

philsaudio New Member

Atlanta GA USA
    I prefer gluing the bucking with Loctight and anaerobic activator rather than flossing, like I believe Tackets method is,; if you have the patients to let it cure that is.

The CA hop up in my CA G36C appears to be the TM type hop up.

Peace