JG MP5 m5-s6 VS Lancer Tactical m4

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Yargg, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Yargg

Yargg New Member

Ok so for the price consideration fact they are both fairly cheap, the Lancer is more of a field weapon and the MP5 more leaning on cqb. Both metal gear boxes and plastic externals. The Lancer has a bigger mag, but I've never even heard of that company until recently, and heard absolutley nothing positive about it compared to other m4 replicas. The big question is, I'm getting another gun. Which of these two should it be? I will be using it while spotting for my team captain when he snipes by the way.

2. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I own that specific mp5 and in my opinion it would be a better choice of the two. It is a better gun externally about the same quality internally.

3. Yargg

Yargg New Member

I'm specifically looking at the mod 6 version of the m5-s6. That's the one I was leaning towards too.

4. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I know that is the one I have.

image-2200248801.jpg
    (this is the only picture I have of it.)

5. Yargg

Yargg New Member

So has it faired well in battle with durability and range?

6. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Yes is has a good rate of fire as well as slightly above average range. It is very durable as the only problem I have had with it for a year was a loose selector switch which was easily fixed. Right now it is my back up CQB gun but I did have to have to change the spring to make it fire at under 350 fps.

7. schlabie

schlabie New Member

JG, people don't say good things about Lancer Tactical. Id put my money on the JG thats known for its reliability.

8. Yargg

Yargg New Member

Was the spring expensive or was it a cheap solution, also was it hard to install?

9. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    It is a very cheap solution at 7 dollars but i also payed a airsoft tect give to do it for man back then for 23 dollars.

10. Yargg

Yargg New Member

Oh, how long did it take the tech to do?

11. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    It took the tech half an hour to change the springs.

12. Yargg

Yargg New Member

Alright well i don't know if I have to do that or not because where I play the fps limit on smg's is 370

13. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Then it shoot be fine it will shoot at around 365 fps.

14. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    Will it fair well, in field settings, like outdoor play

15. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Yes this has already been answered in your other thread. It will work fine as long as you use .25 bbs.

16. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    but will .20's work? jk lol i was so tired last night i didn't realize it was you again

17. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Its ok but just try to use some slightly better grammar so people can easily understand your posts. Like capitalizing letters that need to be capitalized and write in complete sentences. Using proper grammar is a rule on this forum and it will make everyone's experience more enjoyable.