JG RPK Outer Barrel

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by OldSnake, Nov 13, 2017.

1. OldSnake

OldSnake Member

Atlanta
    Hey everyone. First time posting on the forum. I recently got a new JG RPK EBB and it had a loose outer barrel (it rotates). It is not bothering me too much until I noticed it was causing the front iron sight to rotate as well along with the outer barrel. I looked underneath to see if I could tighten the screws like I have done on some SRC AKs but this RPK had these wierd looking screws that I dont think are designed to be removed. Anyone know what these are called and how to remove them? I thought I could use a rotary tool to make an incision and use a flathead to take them out, but thought I could first get some info on what the heck these are. I know it looks like I could take them out using a flathead as it but trust me, I cant. 20171113_004116.jpg 20171113_004127.jpg

2. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

They're anti tamper screws. The ramps mean you can do them up but you can't get any purchase to undo them. Butchery and violence are about the only solution I can think of.
    And they're usually hardened...

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.

3. OldSnake

OldSnake Member

Atlanta
    Yeah I noticed afterwards that I can only tighten them. At least outer barrel isnt lose anymore :D thanks for letting me know