JG Works Full Metal M4 CQB M4 9" RIS

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by TheDutchman, Aug 16, 2015.

1. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala
    Anybody experience with this gun?
    Looking around for a starter gun and wondering if this is a good gun.
    There no reviews on this gun on there site.
    And also don't find any on youtube.
    I like the fact that it is full metal, and that i later can upgrade this gun if i would want to or need to
    It shoots 410 – 430 FPS out of the box, but i learn you must not believe what you see on sites.
    But what really like on this gun is that you can adjust spring guide, which allows you to adjust the stiffness of the gearbox spring to make variable changes to muzzle velocity!

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/11038-jg-works-metal-m4-9-inch-ras-aeg-gun-asp1004-black.aspx

So wonder what you guys opinion is on this gun

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    This would be a great starter. This is the first Ive seen a JG in this configuration stock. JG internals are great and will last a long time. Perfect upgrade platform as well. Mine has been tuned and upgraded and is performing great for close to 2 years now with many rounds through it. Ive also opened up a 5 year old JG to find the internals in damn good condition after the years of abuse. It still functions great.

3. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala
    Sadly I didn't get this gun just because of my budget. I just had $200 to spend. And I also needed extra mags and battery and smart charger. So I when with this one:
    JG M4 CQB-R
    http://www.airrattle.com/JG-V3-Enhanced-M4-CQB-R-AEG-Metal-M-16-Airsoft-Gun-p/f6624.htm. I know a lot of people told me not to go with airrattle, but you can't beat there prizes. So I ordered it last Wednesday and I got is Saturday, no problem at all. The gun feels really solid no wiggle, beside the stock. But most guns have that. And it shoot 410FPS with 0.20 out of the box. We tested that out today at friends house. Can't wait to bring out to field Saturday.

4. ecko51

ecko51 New Member

Howell
    How about a review of your: JG M4-CQB-R (F6624)
    Whats the over-all length of the barrel?

5. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala

Outer barrel length is: 10,5 inch
    Inner barrel length is: 11 inch (280mm)
    Gonna replace this with a 6.03mm Extreme Precision Inner Barrel for M4 (370mm)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5843

G&G Hop Up Bucking:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3715

And then put a extended mock suppressor on it for better accurateness and grouping.
    Right out of the box this gun had a 410FPS( tested it at a friend house)
    He also took it apart and clean it, because factory this gun comes with a lot of grease on it.
    I didn't take it out to field yet, so can't wait till tomorrow morning so i can do that.
    Overall this is a great gun so far, and really happy with it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  6. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore
    That barrel is pretty bad, get a ZCI barrel if you're on a budget

7. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala
    Why is this bad barrel? I just read good reviews about it.

8. AirsoftRyan778

Baltimore
    It is a gi brand barrel, very low quality and its brass, ZCI is a good option for the price and its steel

9. AirsoftRyan778

Baltimore
    Sorry not brass, but the barrel is not as smooth on the inside leading to worse accuracy

10. AirsoftRyan778

Baltimore
    And I just read 2 of those reviews and they look very fake, "asgi sells nothing but high quality, low priced stuff" not true at all

11. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala
    Thanks. Yea decided to return the barrel with the G&G bucking that I ordered and get something else. Gonna stick with gun how it is for now. And just have fun with it a

12. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    Stock barrel is fine. Im using the stock barrel paired with a flat hopped g&g green. I get good accuracy and 200 feet of range.

13. TheDutchman

TheDutchman New Member

Ocala
    What BB's you using, 0.25g or higher? And what kind of flat hop you did, because there couple different ones you can do when look on YouTube.

14. AirsoftRyan778

Baltimore
    Only one type of flat hop, remove the nub and alignment line on the bucking, use a flat type nub, custom eraser nub or m nub