JT Handgun / Mask Combo

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by Kavv, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Kavv

Kavv New Member

My local store has a JT combo of what looks like ok goggles in a small mask, and a Sig Sauer P228 springer. I have never been involved with airsoft, but became interested in it after seeing some zombie combo junk at Wal-mart. Anyway, for my kids for X-mas, would 2 sets of these JTs be $40 well spent for some backyard fun, or $40 thrown away because these aren't even worth that much?

Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    How old are your kids? The masks will be fine, JT makes reasonable stuff. But the springers are likely junk. If your kids are in the 12 and under age range, they'll be fine to get them started. If they're older than that, they'll probably be pretty lame for them.

3. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
  4. Kavv

Kavv New Member

Thanks for the responses. They are 12 and 15. They are also both girls, the 15 year old being very "girlie" while the younger is more active. I might give the kits a try, just to test the interest level, but y'all definately make a good point on the springers likely being junk. Hmmm...I think I'll flip a coin.

5. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    I'd say you get the guns, and some nice .2 bbs. Then, go on from there.

6. soviet

soviet New Member

Nah, save up $60 and get a TSD tri-shot. I've heard there decent springers. One you get into it get a JG M4 or AK CYMA (anything over CM.028).

7. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    I can tell you, from both handling it and being shot at, the TSD tri-shot is great, but it's got a pretty stiff pump. I would say get a single shot shotgun. You can get some nice ones for $20.

8. Kavv

Kavv New Member

Well, I got the kits. The masks are small, but fit the kids' faces well. The pistols are really accurate as far as I'm concerned, and their low FPS (unknown) is great for them because they don't get too pissed when they get plinked. My youngest has a hard time charging the pistol quickly, but can get it done. They were bought for them to enjoy, and they do the job. Overall, I'd say $40 was well worth getting these 2 sets for them.

I still don't have any airsoft gear, so now they taunt me about when I'm going to man up, and buy something. Silly kids don't know what they're asking for. =)

Thanks for all of the input.

9. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I saw this thread back before Christmas. I'm glad they liked them. Next up, aegs! ;)