Just a quick lipo question.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by CoppertopNeasg, Aug 26, 2012.

1. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Has anyone ordered lipos from www.bphobbies.com?

If so can you just give me a quick review and tell me whether or not the lipo exploded and flattened multiple town.

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Flattening multiple towns? lol
    In all honesty, before a Lipo goes up in flames, you get some warnings. They tend to bloat up and often hiss as basically a fore-warning.

Not sure how their service is though :-/
    It is nice that they're prices are comparable to that of HobbyKing

3. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    Yeah I know I was just liking the wide selection and how the carried the very high discharge rates.

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    any battery can catch on fire, this one is a NiMH...

[​IMG]

5. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    I understand that and have seen all types of battery catch fire, smoke and be naughty in other ways.

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i tried to explode a bad nano tech LiPo... it was fail.
    my balance charger refused to charge the bad LiPo and i took it to my back yard and poked it with a nail. nothing happened. then again, we tossed a good fully charged LiPo in a fire pit, after poking it a number of times, it finally burst in flames.

i have several puffed up LiPo's with a storage charge on it. waiting for another time for another explosion attempt. next time, i'll use my automotive battery charger.

7. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Haha that reminds me of when my brother put a 9.6v battery in his scar h he just bought and it caught on fire inside the gun and ruined the stock and wiring in it. After we put the flames out we tried to pull the melted battery out and a lot of battery acid leaked on the ground- nearly got some on my hands. Anyways it totally destroyed his new scar h.