Just Ordered APS Urban Assault Rifle, Wondering What Mags I should use

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by iMidnightRunner, Feb 16, 2013.

1. iMidnightRunner

iMidnightRunner New Member

Frederick
    I just ordered an APS UAS and I was wondering if a PMAG will work

2. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    The gun takes STANAG. A PMAG,or any M4 mag should work.

3. moomoose

moomoose New Member

Eagle
    I have heard that a majority of M4 mid-caps will need minor modification to work in the UAR.

4. Luftsoft

Luftsoft New Member

Tampa
    I would go with MAG midcaps or the nongreen label PMAGs(25$).

5. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I have also heard that mid caps do not work with this gun and that you have to modify each mag in some way. Personally, that's a deal breaker for me. But since you already bought the gun, I would pick up 2-3 metal High Capacity STANAG mags out of a Classifieds ad. It shouldn't cost you more than $20.

6. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I am not sure but I imagine that EMags would work better than normal PMags so you might want to look for some.

7. Jakanator

Jakanator New Member

Woodstock
  8. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

south
    Right with ya. I was all in until I found out mid-caps had to be modified in order to actually work with the gun. All reports and reviews I've read have confirmed that NO mid-caps (As of yet) are compatible with the APS UAS without modification.

With that said, grab a JG hi-cap (or other hi-cap of your preferred branding) and go to town.

9. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Active Member Supporting Member

It is an easy fix. All you have to do it get a file and scrape away a little plastic where the spring is. Very simple. I don't see why that would be the only reason somebody doesn't get a gun.

10. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

south
    I personally tend to share mags w/ 3 other guys. We're a tight nit team. The last thing i want is to get in a heated firefight, and grab a mag and it doesn't fit/feed. Happened once, not gonna get in that situation again.

11. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Let me know how it is so I can decide whether to buy it or not!

12. FSTK

FSTK Member

You can order midcaps that'll fit the UAR from APS' site directly if filing away at a tab is too hardcore for you. Plus the maggy looks stylish!

I plan to buy some from APS as well as some short M16 mags and file away at the tab.

13. BlackNightBravo

Why get short ones? I think a tan regular M4 mag looks best.

Anyhow, you get more shots off that.

BTW Midnight, tell us or do a review on how the gun is. Looks like me and Southpaw are interested. :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  14. BlackNightBravo

15. FSTK

FSTK Member

Ordering from Evike sucks at times like this.

16. bakedant

bakedant New Member

Miami
    I got my UAR in yesterday. The gun has a good weight to it. It looks nice and shoots well. I tried G&G and Dboys highcaps, they fit but dont feed (and look horrible). You have to hold and push them up. MAG midcaps don't stay in at all. I'm just sticking with the highcap UMAG for this AEG. If you wind it all the way it fires all the bb's. I ordered 5 more.

17. bakedant

bakedant New Member

Miami
    i'm having problems with jamming on full auto. i cleaned the barrel and it still happens. any ideas?

18. tristanhobbs70

tristanhobbs70 New Member

I had the exact same problem get one layer of duct tape and put it on the mag right below the squareish cubby hole on the left side it will make your msg work fine

19. Archbishop

Archbishop New Member

G&G midcap magazines fit. The G&G F2000 had the same issue where you would have to shave off part of the mag. However, G&G mags do not have that extra plastic where the spring is. Not to mention they are the best mags I have ever used.

20. bakedant

bakedant New Member

Miami
    thanks, i will try that.